it's nice to meet you

Mahendra was informed that the girl has woken up. Just as he entered the room he was greeted with the sight of her looking out of the window. The sun had set and it was getting dark.

"Hello." He greeted her

"Hi" she answered shyly "thank you for saving me"

Mahendra continued to observe her. She was wearing a pink saree with pearl jewelry. He guessed she must not be from here no one in the kingdom could afford pearl jewelry except the queen.

"Let me introduce myself: my name is Mahendra and I'm the crown prince of this kingdom. Nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too. My name is lavanya"

What a lovely name thought Mahendra.

"So where are you from and what are you doing in my kingdom?"

"Uhm......... I'm just A traveler I was just passing by but I got lost and that's how I ended up here" lavanya hoped he wouldn't guess her fake story.

"I see. Would you like to stay here for few days?" Mahendra had called her his friend infront of the queen if she left the same day she came, the queen would be suspicious.

"Yes I would love to. If it's not too much trouble" yay now she has a place to stay. She prayed he was genuine and not like the humans her mother warned her about.

"Great. Just... um.... you see when you were unconscious I introduce you as my friend so nobody would bother you can you go along with this?"

"Sure!" He was offering her a place to stay surely she can lie for him.

"So I told everyone your name is IIa"

"Okay"

Mahendra felt lighter. At least he doesn't have to explain why he lied. even he didn't know why.

"I'll tell the maids to show you your room"

"Yes. Again thank you"

"No it's okay"

Outside the sky was dark with moon shining it's light. They talked for few more minutes before he left for his room. Laying on his bed It was peaceful and he hoped this peace would last forever.