2.Prolouge

The venerable Vashisht family estate, traditionally a bastion of heritage and unity, was now enveloped in a heavy silence, echoing the underlying discord within its walls. The once vibrant laughter and debates that filled its grand halls had given way to a tense stillness, as a startling revelation threatened to unravel the tight-knit fabric of the family.

Nirbhay, the eldest and the family's foundation, was now wrestling with a revelation that weighed heavily upon him, challenging his usually unshakeable resolve. Aniket, the mediator, stood quietly, his mind ceaselessly working to navigate the stormy emotional waters. Nishant, impulsive and passionate, was a whirlwind of emotions, torn between feeling betrayed and a deep-seated longing for familial ties that now seemed more distant than ever.

In the study, a room rich with the family's legacy, the brothers gathered, overshadowed by a truth that would change their lives forever. A letter in Nirbhay's hands unveiled a long-concealed truth – the existence of Atharv, their half-brother, a living testament to a hidden chapter in their family's history.

Nirbhay, his voice betraying a seldom-seen vulnerability, shattered the silence with his words. "Atharv, a half-brother... he said mockingly and then he laughed hysterically , Can you even begin to comprehend it? , he said mockingly this is true , right he again said mockingly Aniket tried to calm  him down he knew now his brother will be most hurting ..

Nirbhay again said  We had a half-brother all this time," he exclaimed, his disbelief palpable. He delved into his memories, recalling a time when their parents underwent a profound transformation, leaving him bewildered. "I never understood what caused them to change, Ani. I used to believe they were patient, but perhaps, as time passed, they grew frustrated, exhausted,I thought one day everything will be solved , their anger and everything, i was so fool all the time " he mused again .

Nirbhay continued, the bitterness in his voice echoing the past. "All those arguments between Mom and Dad, the taunts she hurled at him – it all falls into place now. the taunt now traumatized him , he did not want to listen to  them but could he ? I regret urging Mom to be patient, to give Dad another chance, to be lenient... I regret not knowing sooner. I should have been more loyal to our mother."

He expressed his incredulity, "Our own father, a cheater? It's inconceivable. I can't fathom it. I should have heeded Mother's warnings, and so should we all. It's my biggest regret, and my loathing for him has grown deeper., he was going mad with anger and hurt from inside , somewhere he thought himself the reason to let mom deal with that alone because she did not trust him why did she not tell him it was mystery to him...but he knew the another but could he digest it "

Aniket, in his customary serene demeanor, responded, "Bhai, please, take a moment to sit down. I understand this revelation is shocking for you , can you please let your emotion aside after hearing this Nirbhay just watched him silently with curious gaze to him  he realized nishant is shocked he is silent he is not saying anything but Aniket he is normal did he knew?  .

 Aniket ignored his bhai's eyes , he had to now, he knew he has betrayed his bhai , he will take everything whatever his bhai diss out .

Again he said  But remember, they are no longer among us, and using such harsh language won't change anything. You used to remind me of that during my college years."

He reflected, "Bhai , I had overheard their conversations before, and until now, I held resentment toward our father. i had just fought  with him ,, But now, with their passing, I feel a sense of regret. I should have forgiven him. he said talking sense to his bhai he knew maybe he trial is not gonna work , but he had to try .What transpired that night was a dreadful mistake, a result of intoxication. He betrayed us, he betrayed Mom, but they are all gone now."

Aniket's tone took a gentler turn as he added, "Let's put this behind us, bhai. I wasted years harboring that resentment – resentment toward them both. Mom, for not divorcing him, and Dad, for his actions. I even struggled to accept the child born from that night. But when I finally met him, an innocent soul in the midst of turmoil, my heart melted. ,you know he was just 4 years old , he said with hurt in his eyes , he understood after forgiving them , he freed  himself from hatred now he can feel alive again "

He stressed, "bhai,This is not Atharv's fault, bhai. Let's focus on the present and the future. He grew up without a family, raised solely by an aunt who was silenced, and even she eventually gave him up to a distant cousin. He has no one, but he shares our blood. Perhaps this is our, no, our opportunity to make amends for our father's deeds., so he will come bhai may be in some time because dad's manager had also messaged him let's welcome him "

till now Nirbhay  was just listening to his truth , what he knew ? how he knew ? but statement by statement his anger just grew  . even Aniket also noticed that but he had to say truth now right ? 

Nirbhay, grappling with disbelief, turned to Aniket, "You knew about this,  Aniket? That explains the constant arguments, the accusations against Dad. You kept this from me, you betrayed me. you have never ever done that , you were my best friend , we had no secrets , but i was fooled , right? how many more secrets you kept from me ? " Aniket knew he deserved every accusation thrown at him .

 Then he said nor you did forgive him, you decided to become  one great man right you can be saint but I am not neither I want to be you can welcome the child I will forgive dad nor this child

 I do not care whether he has fault or not but mom will have my loyalty, I will do what she was not able to do so you can welcome child in our home but he will not be my brother nor even Nishu's ? one sec Nishant tell me did you also know ? After hearing his name he came back to his senses one again , his mind played everything in mere seconds , he breathed in and out ..

  Nishant, please tell me you didn't know. right this Ani knew he betrayed me did you also betrayed me tell me Nishu tell me Nishu got terrified after seeing his brother behaved that way , so Aniket  again tried to calm him down .. Nishu said No bhai I never knew , Thank god if I knew i would have told you , to me you are not just my brother he said to taunt Aniket 

 Nirbhay got relief and said to Ani,  this is all a game to you, Aniket? Did you  Enjoy fooling me right? right ! I was thinking I am  good son to my father you knew he did not deserve my love , even this chance ,too..

Nishant, however, could barely conceal his animosity. "A chance? For a gold-digger to stake a claim on our legacy? bhai i am with you , the child will not come to our home , where our mom lived , his mother is gold digger and he is too .."

The creaking of the door signaled the entrance of the very subject of their contention. Atharv's silhouette filled the doorway, his eyes scanning the room, taking in the faces of the brothers he had never known. "Is this it? The family that was kept from me? My so called Brothers?"

Nirbhay stood, his voice a mixture of authority and weariness, "Yes, First keep this attitude out of my house and secondly you can stay here for Ani's sake , Ani has betrayed him but he is his brother he has right to make decision on his own he will honor his wish maybe last wish  But let's be clear, you're here because of Ani and this letter who says now you do not have anyone I have Atleast humilty  So You can stay here until you're able to stand on your own. Until then, you're a guest – unseen, unheard. Don't expect more from me ."

Atharv's laugh, devoid of any real humor, sliced through Nirbhay's words. "A guest? No warm welcomes, no brotherly hugs? I survived without the Vashisht name; I don't need your reluctant charity. I do not love you , I do not even want to stay here that is what i had intend to say but  now i changed my mind ,I will stay and do whatever i want and whatever makes you feel riled up "

Aniket, attempting to diffuse the mounting tension, gently interjected, "Bhai is  not your enemy, behave Atharv."

Nishant, his temper flaring, saw Atharv's defiance as an affront. "He's a leech, that's what he is, he can not behave himself ."

Atharv met Nishant's glare unflinchingly, his voice sharp with years of pent-up anger. "I didn't come for your money. I actually came to see the faces of those who shared the blood of the people who abandoned me. but now i am enjoying this taunts even more "