1.Chapter

Aniket, Nishant, and Nirbhay were utterly surprised when they spotted Atharv there. A quick glance at Nirbhay indicated to Aniket that his brother was already grappling with betrayal, and Atharv's unexpected appearance was only adding fuel to the fire. Aniket had to practically drag Nirbhay back, fearing that if he rushed there, he might lose his temper and confront Atharv in a fit of anger.

Aniket pleaded with concern, "Bhai, please don't let your anger get the best of you. Let's think logically; there's no inherent fault in whatever has happened. This boy is just as innocent in all of this."

Nirbhay tried to shrug off Aniket's grip, unable to bear the sight of Atharv due to the betrayal he felt. Even in his enraged state, he couldn't bring himself to harm his beloved brother. If Nirbhay had his way, he would have dragged Atharv to the door, slammed it shut, and vented his frustration on a punching bag in his boxing ring. But his anger still simmered beneath the surface, and as he tried to storm off, Aniket halted him, his eyes conveying a world of emotion that Nirbhay couldn't resist.

Aniket knew that his brother would fall for that look, but he wished there could have been a better way for the truth to come out. He silently prayed that destiny had dealt enough blows, and he couldn't bear any more hardships in his life.

As Atharv surveyed everyone's expressions, he knew that this was bound to happen. He hadn't expected a grand welcome with a ceremonial plate; he knew they would be ready to pounce on him. His attention momentarily fixed on his formidable eldest brother, who exuded danger, and his younger elder brother. For a brief moment, fear gripped him, but he maintained a facade of indifference, concealing his emotions with an air of defiance.

Aniket noticed the same lethal look in Atharv's eyes as he had seen in his older brother Nirbhay. He approached Atharv cautiously, fully aware of Atharv's potential danger. He needed to calmly convince Atharv to stay.

Aniket said, "I understand it's not easy for you, but don't take what happened too harshly. From today, this house is yours. Come inside."

Atharv chuckled, his laughter dripping with a devilish tone as if he found the situation incredibly amusing. "Oh, my so-called brother," he said, "This house, and that too as mine? Never. I know my place, and I'm well aware that you all will never accept me. Your dear father never acknowledged me, and you're following in his footsteps. This is all my mother's and my fault, so..."

He continued, "You know what? You can enjoy your life with your so-called 'good' family. I never had any intention of coming here anyway. So, forget it. I'm leaving now, alright?"

Ani asserted with a more authoritative tone, "How long will you keep running away? I asked you a question. Why don't you show this pretense to someone else? I can see clearly, a child who's afraid to embrace his own."

Atharv responded bitterly, "Do you even know anything about me? Who my real family is? The one who gave me life abandoned me in my childhood. My father handed me over to someone else. The aunt who raised me did it for the money. Who's mine and who isn't in my life? Nobody is ever truly mine."

Ani replied, "I want to rectify the mistake our father made. I don't know about anyone else, but you are definitely my own."

Atharv continued to mock, "Those whose parents never truly cared understand not to trust anyone in life, not to give anyone the power to hurt them. Why are you acting so good? What's this facade? Is there a hidden camera somewhere? Is someone reporting live news?"

Meanwhile, Nishant had remained silent, wanting to say so much but refraining while his brothers were talking. However, Atharv's words had successfully wounded both his brothers. He decided to step in.