III

Olivia's POV

Currently, I am preparing for the meeting that Matthew has with his girlfriend's brother. He requested my assistance as a "best friend". I was ready, but Matthew took half an hour to choose his outfit and made me wait for an hour. "Here I come, now let's go," Matthew said nervously. "Finally," I said sarcastically while walking out. After a 15-minute drive, we reached the house. It was a freaking mansion! (Not that I don't have one myself.)

We rang the doorbell and after a few minutes, Leona opened the door wearing a sweet dress and a smile. "Hello! - Oh, Olivia? You're here too?" she asked, surprised. "Yup, the love of your life was nervous and needed my help, so... Here I am~," I said as we hugged and walked inside. "Bro will be coming in a few minutes. Until then, would you like something to drink?" Leona asked. I was about to refuse, but Matthew said, "Yup, how about wine?" Leona nodded and left as I glared at him. 

"I mean, wine? Seriously?" I asked sarcastically. "Come on, you know you love wine," he replied with a pout, fidgeting with my hair. I pushed him away. "Can you stop acting like a child in front of me? I'm the younger one here," I said. "Nope, you'll always see my childish side because you deserve it. Strangers, on the other hand, will always see my cold side. It doesn't matter if I'm older," he said with a sweet smile. I chuckled at his response.

Mathen's POV

I was in my room preparing for a meeting with Leona's boyfriend. When I suggested that he bring his family along, Leona informed me that he didn't have any family, but a few friends instead. Nonetheless, I decided to proceed with the meeting and put on my watch before heading downstairs. As soon as I arrived, I spotted a gentleman wearing a navy blue suit with neatly combed hair. He was sitting next to a woman who pushed him away when he tried to cling to her. Something about her seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place her. Before I could think too much about it, Leona approached them with glasses of wine.

When I finally descended the stairs, I cleared my throat to get their attention. As expected, the man turned around slowly and stood up. Upon seeing me, he slightly bowed and looked at the woman. I adjusted my jacket and walked to the front to get a better view.

"You?!"