xi, mommy issues 101

m o m m y  i s s u e s  1 0 1
venus

━━━━━━━

Venus wiped her tears as she lay on the train bed in darkness and quietness. At night, everything felt raw.

It wasn't a new thing whenever she cried herself to sleep.

Percy's mother had loved him to the extent that if she could die for him she would. Grover has a family that loves him. Annabeth had a cap that connected to her mother.

She had nothing.

I am my mother's first and last regret. My mother doesn't care about me. She never did. All she cares about is beauty, attention, and more beauty.

In moments like these when her mother's ignorance towards her felt hurtful -- which it rarely did as she had gotten used to it -- she would go to the Hermes cabin and wake up Luke.

They would sit by the lake, throwing rocks in the water, and talking. Their conversations weren't anything specific. He would talk about anything if it meant distracting her.

She fell asleep and woke up thirty minutes later.

"You awake?" Percy asked.

"I am now, thanks," Grover said, sarcastically. As Venus whined, tiredly, and laid on her back.

"Are you... both okay?" Percy asked after hearing Venus's annoyed whine.

"They're super grouchy when they don't get enough sleep," Annabeth said.

" "They're super grouchy when they don't get enough sleep" Nah." Grover mocked.

"Wow," Percy said.

"You've never been on the road with him before. A little different than a froofy boarding school." Annabeth said.

"Who's froofy? You're froofy. What's froofy?" Grover said. "I think I need to eat,"

"Can you all just shut up? I slept like thirty minutes ago," Venus whined, tiredly and annoyedly.

"Why? Busy thinking about Luke?" Percy asked. Venus grabbed a pillow and threw it on the floor towards him.  "That's a yes," He said.

"Two days until we reach Los Angeles. Plenty of time before our deadline to reach the underworld," Grover said as the sat around the table. Grover was next to Percy by the window and Venus was next to Annabeth.

"Can I ask a dumb question?" Percy asked.

"It's like you need me to make fun of you," Annabeth said.

"True," Venu agreed.

"Shoot," Grover said.

"I've never been to Los Angeles before. I'm guessing neither of you have been to Los Angeles. So, how will we have any idea where we're going?" He asked.

"No idea," Grover shrugged. "But that's like step thirty-seven, and we're still on step four. Cross that bridge when we get there." 

"Follow up stupid question," Percy said.

"Dude," Venus said.

" "And you shall fail to save what matters most in the end." Back in Jersey, I told you the oracle said this quest will fail. And no one's mentioned it since. Seems like something we oughta be taking a little more seriously," Percy said before looking outside.

"Hey, look at that." He said and everyone followed his eyes, "are those..."

"Centaurs," Annabeth completed. Watching as the centaurs ran along the train.

"No one even knows they're there," He said.

"There used to be herds of them everywhere," Grover told.

"What happened to them?" Percy asked.

"Humans," Venus answered. "A few thousand years ago, the god of the wild, Pan, disappeared. And ever since, without Pan to protect nature, humans have been trying really hard to chip away at it." She told him.

"The bravest satyrs volunteer to become searchers, trying to find Pan," Annabeth said, glancing at Grover. "None of returned,"

"Your'e uncle we found in Medusa's, Ferdinand. He was a searcher?" Percy asked, looking at Grover who was staring out the window. He nodded.

"The oracle didn't say the quest will fail. "Fail to save what matters most." That could mean a lot of things," Annabeth said.

"Like friendship," Venus said.

"That's how prophecies work, that's how fate works," Annabeth said. "It could mean a lot of things. The harder you work to understand, the harder it gets it understand. Sometimes, you've just gotta let it come to you when it's ready,"

An officer walked towards them and asked for their tickets. Annabeth reached into her bag and gave him the tickets. "You're in cabin 17B?" The officer asked. They all looked at each other before standing up and following the officer who told them to. Venus silently gasped staring at the broken window and bed, papers flying around the room.

 "You wanna explain?" The officer asked.

"Wait. Wait, you think we did this?" Percy asked as they looked at the officer.

"Did you?" He asked.

"I mean... how?! And why?" Percy asked.

"Sir, when we left to get breakfast, everything was intact," Grover said, "We don't know how this happened,"

Author's note:

Okay, yall I just saw a tiktok of percabeth and Aphroditw and I think it was implying that Aphrodite was writing their love story or something.

I don't know much about Greek mythology.

So could that mean she was also writing Luke and Venus's story? 🤭🤭😈😈