xx, dumb kids

d u m b  k i d s
venus.

━━━━━━━

"We have a huge problem. I know it seems like we've been here for like twenty minutes. But it is already Thursday," Percy said and the girls looked at him, shocked.

"We've been here for days. Time moves differently here. Faster," Percy said, "Every minute here is like minutes outside."

"Hermes let us sit at that table the whole time, knowing that the clock was running out on our quest," Annabeth said.

"Yes," He said. Venus scoffed and shook her head, annoyed. But at least Annabeth stole his keys.

"Then I feel a lot better about having stolen his keys," She said as Percy looked at the door.

"Exactly," He said, "wait what?" 

Annabeth showed him the keys. "Got invisible. Picked his pocket," She said.

"You picked Hermes' pocket?" Percy asked, smiling.

"I'm multi-talented," Annabeth said and Venus chuckled.

A lot had happened in the past 10 minutes. Percy forgot Grover, they chased down a man who looked like Grover, Grover forgot them, and now they were looking for Hermes car.

"Okay, God of Travelers. what kind of does the God of Travelers have?" Percy asked.

"Guys, I gotta say, so far, this quest is really exciting," Grover said, excitedly, "really hope we find that car,"

"Finding the car isn't the quest," Annabeth said.

"There's more?" Grover asked and Venus bid her tongue from laughing.

"Jeez. We'll explain it to you on the way. We're in a bit of a hurry," Percy said. Venus walked to Annabeth who found the cab.

"Hermes drives a cab?" Percy asked.

"And he left us a note," Annabeth said.

"How do we know that's for us?" Percy asked and Annabeth showed him what was written, 'TO THE DUMB KIDS.'

"Nice," Percy said.

"Should've known the gods of thieves noticed his pockets getting picked," Annabeth said. "back door to the underworld, magic word, map in the glove box. And he says we'll become travelers once we're on the road. And the car will take us wherever we wish to go."

"So, one of us just has to drive it out of the garage," Percy said and they all stared at each other.

"I don't wanna die. I'm still young!" Venus prayed to any God who would listen as Percy bumped into every single wall.

"It's okay. You've got this," Annabeth said and the Percy slowly drove around the curve. Venus sighed in relief and leaned back as they all smiled. Their smiles fell when the car screeched against the wall, blowing bulbs.

Percy ran over some road dividing sticks and then breaking the vehicle barrier. Venus covered her face scared for her life, when she looked up in a jerk hearing the sound of a train and suddenly they were transported.

It was raining as they stepped out of the car in front of the sea. "Percy, Venus, Annabeth, wait. You... you guys are my best friends," Grover said, walking towards them.

"A little weird that I forgot a lot more stuff than you guys did. Wonder what that's about," Grover said.

"We weren't alone," Annabeth said. "It's easy to forget what's important when you're alone." They looked back at the sea. One step closer

"I think I gotta go meet my dad now," Percy said.

"We'll be here when you get back," Grover said.

"What do I say to him?" Percy asked.

"You'll know," Annabeth said. Percy looked at her before walking closer to the sea and before walking inside. 

Venus backed away and sat on the hood of the car, embracing the rain. "I can't wait to go back to camp after all of this is over," She said.

"Me neither," Annabeth said, quietly.

Venus waited outside with Grover. Yawning as she desperately wanted to sleep. And so she was trying to comfort herself. We'll go to the underworld, get Zeus bolt, save Percy's mother, and go back to camp and I will be with Luke once and for all.

She felt like a clingy girlfriend. Maybe she was. But Luke wasn't just a "boyfriend" to her. He was something way more.

Finally, they walked inside and saw the Murderer of Travelers tied up with a bed sheet. They stood in front of the door that clearly said, 'DO NOT ENTER' Grover opened the door and quickly stepped back.

"It's either the realm of the dead or someone left a carton of milk in there in the 1990s," Grover said, chirping at his horns. Annabeth looked around before grabbing a red ball that made squeaks and handed it to him.

He squeezed it, multiple times "Better?" Annabeth asked.

"Much," He said.

"If we get in trouble... these are our tickets out," Percy said, taking out five pearls.

"No one's turning back until we all come back," Annabeth said.

"No one comes back!" The murderer yelled.

"Dude! Don't make me come out there!" Annabeth yelled.

"We have no idea what's down there. I just think it's safer if I'm not holding them all," He said. They looked at each other before Annabeth picked one up and then Venus did and then Grover.

author's note:

i just found out that poseidon and aphrodite had a child together mythologically