The boys

I heard an awkward clearing of a throat and then, "Um, little Bean? Hey, um, I'm really sorry about the wall check earlier today and hope you don't hold it against me. " he rambled out quickly. I looked over at him. He was struggling to hold eye contact.

I saw Tate nudge him from behind.

"Oh, um yeah, and um, since you're new and all, did you maybe wanna take a tour of the town with us? We know all the best places to hang out, and um, Jen can come too. It's not a problem, " he rushed out.

I stood there stunned. I think my mouth may have been hanging open. Jen put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Thanks, Nate, but not today. We have plans."

I heard some mumbling but couldn't make out what creeper guy said. Up close, he didn't look creepy, but since I didn't know his name, I'd keep calling him creeper. Nate then turned to us again and said, "Oh yeah, and this is our friend Ryder, and you already know Tate from earlier. "

I nodded my head and said, "Yeah. Thanks for the offer of the tour. Some other time, maybe." I smiled at him, and that seemed to relax him a little. He gave a wave and started their truck up.

Jen and I got into my car and sat there watching them drive off.

"Holy crap, Emma! You just had 3 of the hottest guys at the school all drooling over you! They couldn't take their eyes off of you! Why does Nate call you Bean? What kinda nickname is that?!"

On the way to my house, I filled her in on this mornings happenings. We then sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs while acting out the song and then dissolving into giggles.

By the time we pulled up to my house, I felt better than I had in a long time. More like the old Emma. I smiled to myself and reached over to give Jen's hand a quick squeeze. She seemed to understand as she smiled back, threw open her door, and shouted, "mom, dad, we're home!!!"

I followed along, shaking my head and laughing.

My mom came down the stairs, followed by Chuck, and immediately enveloped Jen in a hug and then held her at arms length, looking at her with approval.

"Mom, this is Jen. Jen, this is my mom, and this is Chuck, " I introduced.

She was beaming. I haven't seen her eyes sparkle like that in a long time.

"Welcome, Jen! Would you like to stay for dinner? We're having Emma's favorite, lasagna."

"Lasagna?! Oh heck, yeah! I'd love to stay for dinner. I just have to call my mom to let her know." She stepped away to go make her call.

My mom turned to me and hugged me. "I knew you'd make a friend. I'm so happy that you had a good first day! I love you so much, Emma."

The rest of the night was filled with Jen talking with Olive about her brother and sharing funny stories about him. It turns out that Kade was the first person to walk up to her. He stared at her and then said that she was the cutest girl he'd ever seen. Olive was blushing as she recounted this to Jen. Jen was positively over the moon about it. Chuck seemed to approve of Jen as well and curled up on my lap after dinner.

That night, I fell asleep right away and had one of the best nights rests I've had in over a year.

Ryder's point of view....

I was standing on the side of the school waiting. I'm not sure what for, but I had an urge that I needed to be here. I watch as a little gray camry pulls up next to our truck. A girl about our age climbs out and reaches in the back for her bag. As soon as she turns around, I'm struck dumb. She's fucking gorgeous and tiny as hell! Then I catch her scent on the wind and I'm floored! Mate! She catches sight of me, and I take off around the corner of the school.

At lunch time, I looked for her and found her outside with Jen. I watched them while they talked. They didn't know it, but I could hear everything they said. When I realized they caught me staring like a jerk, I ducked around the corner again. Lord have mercy! I'm so flustered that I don't know what the hell I'm doing! I continue listening and hear every word. I am so enraged by the end of her story that I have to leave or I'll do something I regret. First, I need to find my dickhead friends and then fill them in on what's going on, then I'm going to find that fucker and make him pay.

Nate's point of view.....

Nate yanked back the door and felt someone bounce off of him and hit the wall with a grunt. He was so pissed that he had to stay after school as punishment for being late for the 3rd time. He was going to miss practice! Coach was going to be pissed. Holy shit!

Then he heard a soft feminine voice say, "Cheese and rice, man! Watch where you're going!"

He looked down, annoyed, and saw a tiny girl glaring fiercely his way. Damn she was gorgeous! A tiny thing with beautiful eyes. He softened his gaze and smirked down at her.

"Cheese and rice? Really?" I look her up and down and give her my sexy grin before walking away.

Hot damn the guys are going to shit a brick! Wait till I tell them who I just ran into. This just got really interesting. Especially if she is who I think she is. There is only one way to find out for sure. I gotta get the guys and fill them in. Oh shit! I fucked up already! I was so flustered and trying not to show it that I forgot to apologize! Double shit! I also used my sexy grin on her after being a jerkwad! I groan as I make my way to find the guys.

Tate's point of view.....

I watched from the chairs in the office as a girl stalked into the office looking super annoyed. I listened to her talk with Penny and the very sound of her voice stirred something inside of me. I felt this pull towards her that made me kind of annoyed. I did not need this right now. I had enough to worry about. I caught Penny calling me over and sighed and I slowly got up.

She turned towards me slightly shocked. She probably didn't see me and with as big as I am, not seeing me was something new. I chuckled to myself. As soon as our eyes met, I knew I was screwed. I couldn't break eye contact. It was like I was being pulled towards her, but she didn't seem to feel the same pull. Weird. Something to think about.

I lead her out into the hall and looked back realizing she was practically running to catch up with my long strides. I slowed down and said, "Come on, short stuff, or we're going to be late."

I stop in front of a locker and give it a whack popping it open.

"Here's your locker. They don't actually lock, so don't put anything in them that you don't want stolen. Your first class also happens to be the door straight across from your locker. See ya later shorty. "  I smile down at her and then give her ponytail a flick.

I catch her stunned look as I turn around and leave.

I have to find those dickheads and tell them about her. Where the hell are they?