Lunch

I had missed art and psychology, so after leaving the office, I made my way to the lunch room. I found everyone waiting for me by the doors.

When my eyes met each of my mates,  they rushed over.  They each had a hand on me as if they needed to touch me. I don't know if they felt better, but I know the contact made me feel warm and fuzzy. Some of the anxiety melted away, and I thought that maybe with all of these guys behind me, I would finally be free from Phillip. Be safe.

My stomach decided to let out an ungodly loud growl, making us all laugh, "I need some food, but I will tell you guys everything."

"You and Jen go outside, and we'll get your food." Tate said. Ryder gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. "My turn," Tate said and kissed me on the tip of my nose. "I can't be left out," Nate said and kissed me smack on the lips, making the other two pout. Gah, they were adorable!

They all turned around and went into the lunchroom. I sighed as I watched them bicker about who was holding the tray and who was picking out the food. They seemed to come to some sort of unspoken agreement because after the initial squabble, they each fell into a rhythm as Tate held the tray and Ryder picked out foods, and Nate grabbed desserts and drinks.

I noticed the bitch-achos giving us dirty looks and I just chuckled and turned towards Jen.

She and Jack were snuggled up, whispering to each other. He was staring at her like she was water, and he was dying of thirst. That made me so happy to see her so happy! They were so cute! "I'll grab your food too, babe, and meet you outside." He said to her, and with a kiss of her hand, he was off joining the guys in line. 

Jen and I both gave a dreamy sigh at the same time, which set us off in a fit of giggles. We walked outside arm in arm over to our willow trees and sat down.

While we waited for our guys, I turned to her and asked, "Why was Staci so terrified when you threatened her? I thought angels were like good?"

She laughed and said, "Well, angels are technically servants of god so they can be bad ass when necessary. I happen to be an archangel, so I'm a warrior against evil. I don't have limited gifts because I have to be able to combat whatever evil throws at me. That being said, I only get to use those gifts when they are needed. Not all supes are immortal either, which I'm sure Chuck will tell you. Being an angel, I am immortal, have healing, super strength, and can fly. Add in the powers as needed, and I'm freaking awesome!"

I'm stunned. Like how freaking cool is that, and she's my best friend! "Holy crap girl, you have it made! You're gorgeous and a freaking warrior, too!"

I wonder what kind of stuff I can do? 
"What have you heard about phoenix?" I asked.

"Well, you heard that they are super rare and not much is really known about them. They are immortal, are reborn through fire, and can therefore control fire. After seeing your injuries heal as fast as they did, I'm going to say you have super fast healing, too. It's way faster than normal supes. Staci's hand will be healed by tomorrow - usually, 24-48 hrs will be what it takes. You healed in seconds. Of course that also depends on the severity of an injury. I know you were badly injured by Phillip, can you remember how fast any broken bones healed? Did you have to try to crush her hand at all?"

I think back to when I spit in his face after he kissed me the first time and how he had punched me in the face breaking my jaw. "Hmm, it's hard to guage time while inwas captive, but he'd come in twice a day during the week and spent most of the day wjth me on the weekends. He broke my jaw the first day and by dinner time I was able to eat and it didnt hurt anymore. When I caught her hand I kind of flexed mine around hers and her bones crumbled. Maybe they did that because banshee's bones aren't strong?" I said with a shrug.

She laughs, "Nope, they aren't weak, so you must have super strength too. From what you said, your Jae should have been messed up for at least a day or two. We can test out other stuff later on."

By then, the guys were back with an assortment of stuff to choose from.

Jack and my guys seemed to hit it off as they were playfully joking with him as they sat down. Jen and I smiled at them all, and the guys all looked at me expectantly.

"Thanks for getting all this food. I didn't eat much this morning. Okay, I know you're all dying to know what happened. So eat up because what I'm about to tell you guys is not easy, and I'm going to need everyone's input." I grabbed a sandwich and a bag of chips. I took a handful of the wavy bits of potato and shoved them under my bread giving it a good squish before taking a huge bite. "Mmmm, this is so good you guys! You gotta try it!"

Nate and Ryder immediately did the same thing giving an apprectative groan. Tate just shook his head and laughed.

As we ate, I told them everything that happened. We sat there looking around the group thinking.

Ryder pulled his phone out of his pocket and started furiously texting. At my raised eyebrow, Tate explained he was messaging his grandpa everything.

We heard a ding immediately in response, "Okay he said that an emergency Chamber meeting was called for right after school and we all need to be there. He also says he and Maddie are so happy for us finding our mate and they can't wait to meet her."

The guys look over at me smiling, making me blush. I looked down. What if they didn't like me? What if they didn't approve? It sounds like this type of thing doesn't happen often so there's bound to be people who will give us a hard time. People who will make hurtful comments. People like Staci and her group. I feel someone standing near me and look up to all three near me watching my reaction.

"They will love you. Don't worry about anything else. This was meant to be and anyone saying different can kiss off." Nate said. He reached down and pulled me to my feet, wrapping me in a hug. "I'm sorry you got stuck with me. I'm not the best person and I made a lot of mistakes. I want you to know that for me, for us all, you are it. We will do anything for you."

Ryder pulled me into his arms next, giving me a kiss and whispered, "You were made for us. I fell in love the moment I saw you get out of your car. We will protect you and will always have your back."

Tate swooped in, saying, "We may have just met, but mates are extremely important. I was annoyed at first when we met because I didn't even know you, and yet I wanted you. I wanted to make you smile and hear you laugh. I wanted to be the reason you did those things. It didn't even look like you had fet the mate pull or anything and that scared me too. I want you to want me."

I was smiling from ear to ear through my tears. I had no idea they were so sweet! I feel extremely blessed and lucky to have found them.

"Of course I want you all! It makes me feel guilty to have you all, but I feel so incredibly lucky to have you! That includes you Jen and Jack, my new friends," I say, wiping my eyes.

Jack chimes in with, "awwww, I love you all too," making everyone laugh.

With that, we made our way back into the school and finished the rest of classes.

We all met back up at my locker before heading to the headmaster's office.