~ "Emoji's Can Mean Anything, Rapunzel." ~ (5)

♡♡♡♡♡Maya's POV♡♡♡♡

I was sitting in my room, listening to music while mentally deciding whether or not I should answer riley's calls.

I think I should.

I pause my music before I hear that familiar 24/7 sound...

Riiiinnngggg, Riiiinnngggg, Riiiinnngg---

"Hello?" I ask through the phone with a monotoned voice. 

"Maya?" I hear riley croak. "Yeah?" I ask her with a faint sigh, nervous of how this is gonna go.

"Maya, i'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me--I just, I-i just... I don't know, Lucas was my first love and I just can't help the fact that he likes you, but, i'm willing to support it if you let me." She says all on one breath causing a smile to rise on my face. 

"Riles, of course I will. I...I forgive you. I guess I was just defensive. I'm sorry too." I tell her softly and I hear her laugh a laugh of relief.

"Phew, okay. I was worried you would hate me there for a second." She tells me.

"I could never hate you, you've been there for me. I always needed someone like you. I always have." I tell her with a soft honest tone.

"Same here, Maya. You're the sister I've always wanted. I love you, peaches." She tells me on the verge of crying.

"I love you too, honey." I tell her, our nicknames still standing strong.

I just never thought I'd have the decency to even do that to her knowing that Lucas was her first interest.

After I tell her i'd talk to her later I hang up and just at that time, I got a text.

I open it up and it read:

New message: Unknown.

Howdy xx

I laugh knowing who would send such a thing.

Me: Sup, Bucky McBoingBoing ;)

I grin at the thought of just two rivals falling for eachother. I kinda laugh at it too. Just a sad laugh, though. Cause I don't think it's gonna last long.

I save his number and wait for a reply.

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

Hey, pancakes. How'd you know it was me?

Me: R u kidding me? Who else do I know that says 'howdy?' and uses Winky faces?!

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

Well then! Haha. So, whats goin' on? 

Me: Well, first off, I just made up with riley & secondly, HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?!

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

First off, THAT'S AMAZING! And secondly, farkle knows I intimidate him. I have my ways, Rapunzel ;)

Me: Mkayyy, first off, IKR. And secondly, IM GONNA KILL HIM! And thirdly, did you just call me Rapunzel?

To be honest, I kinda like that nickname.

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

Firstly, Yup. Secondly, don't hurt the little guy, pancakes. And thirdly, why yes. Yes I did. :D

Me: Firstly, why can't I hurt him? :( Secondly, I like it. :)

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

You know Maya, you're one heck of a girl. I wanna get to know you more. If you catch my drift. ;)

Me: If I didn't know any better I'd say u were asking me smthin'. That winky emoji thingy gives me a hint hint. 

New message: My Temporary Texas Ranger

Emoji's can mean anything, Rapunzel. Xx

Just at that moment, I feel a tap on my window. I walk over to it and there right before me, lucas sat with a grin.

I laugh at him and he laughs too.

"I would've yelled Rapunzel let down your hair! but I guess since your window is basically on the first floor, there's no need for that." He tells me with a small grin.

I absentmindedly run a hand through his hair. "That's okay, dude. You atleast had the thought."

Then I realized what I was doing, I pull my hand away fast and mutter a sorry. He chuckles at my actions and shakes his head. "That's okay." He said," I like the way you do things when you're not told. Besides, that felt kinda good."

"May I come in?" He asks after I stood there speechless. 

"What? Oh y-yeah. Sure." I stammer, coming out of my daze.

He climbs in and stands in front of me. He lays a hand on my cheek and runs this thumb over it soothingly sending jolts of chills through-out my whole body. I bite my lip a little and he smiles down at me. 

He gets on one knee and takes my hand in his.

"Oh gosh!" I laugh and throw my head back.

"Maya something Hart, will you give me the pleasurable honors of going out with me? To like the movies or McDonald's? Somethig you'd enjoy?" He asks me with hopeful eyes.

I Hmm but then smile. "Duh."

He smiles and stands up. "Great." He says with a bigger smile and then intertwines our fingers and runs his thumb over the back of my hand. "You're not as broken as you may think." He whispers to me, getting closer.

I shake my head. "Yeah I am. But that's okay, because when you own it, it doesn't hurt so much."

(A/N: I LOVE QUOTING THINGS FROM THE SHOW!)

He nods, then grins a little down at me. "Maya, you wanna lose a bit of our Innocence and share our first....hug?"

I laugh and pull him closer, wrapping my arms around his neck as his go around my back.

He buries his face in the crook of my neck and I do the same.

I inhale his scent and I feel him smile against my bare skin.

"Lucas?"

"Hm?"

"Does farkle know about us yet?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

"I might've broken it to him while we played chess over at his place last night."

"Oh. How'd he take it?"

"He threw the board at me... "

I laughed.

"But he came around. He's happy for us."

"Good."

I was still laughing.

"So, when's our first date?" I ask, mumbling into his neck after calming down.

"Whenever you want it to be, Rapunzel. Whenever you want it to be." He mumbles back.

"Okay, not this week. Cause I like this. I like us right now. Just like this." I tell him.

"So do I." He agrees," So do I."

That's how my night went. When we said our goodbyes, we decided to meet up tomorrow.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm nervous about tomorrow.... I have a weird feeling about tomorrow.

I fell asleep with a cloudy brain.

I always do.

Tbc! Not my best, but what'd you think?!

Haha, bye.