~ Who...Is...That... ? ~ (21)

Maya's POV

It was a week later. I have been so happy from coming home that I've been so active. We've all been hanging out day after day since I've been back and it's been...awesome.

Movies, midnight park adventures, The fair, October-Fest, Topanga's and my secret hangout, sleepovers, and so many more .

But now, it's time for school again.

Yay?

I was in my room getting ready as I pulled on an outfit that said "I'm back, but leave me alone, I'm still maya." Didn't literally say that, but it gives off that memo.

(Outfit is up top)

I left my hair in its natural state and just freshened up a bit before someone knocks on my door.

"Ready?" Lucas asks before I turn to him and grab my phone and book bag.

"Yeah."

I turn to him and we intertwine our fingers before heading out of the apartment.

He knows I don't eat breakfast or anything and he gets mad at me for it every now and then about how my health could turn for the worse but I help him get over it.

It's not easy, but... I get that.

I just don't seem hungry in the mornings.

It's just me.

We also catch the bus now since my mom has better things to do.

Recap:

"Mom, you don't have to take us to school anymore. I'm 16, and he's 17, soon we will be driving and I'm pretty sure we can rough it up with the bus til then." I calm her and she furrows her brows.

"Uh, no ma'am. Driving means growing up. No one is growing up under my roof but ME. Oh and Shawn of course, but other than that, I will be your Uber." She huffs, grabbing her keys but I quickly snatch them from her hand.

"Mom...no."

She stares a while before finally caving in.

That's the maya way.

- recent time : -

That was a week ago and now she sleeps in and stuff when she's off work and we just catch the bus.

My life is actually pretty...easy.

Lucas and I go to catch the bus and my headphones were blasting Next To You by Chris Brown ft. Justin Bieber as we walked down the sidewalk to the bus stop and after the usual 25 minutes of waiting, the bus arrives and we take our usual seat in the back where we meet Zay, Farkle, and Smackle.

They all sat there laughing at something and me being me just at by the window and listened to my Spotify playlist while staring at the passing morning scenery while Lucas still kept his hand in mine but engaged in their conversation.

This is us.

This is who we are...

Wonder how long it'll last.

~ About 15 minutes later ~

We arrive at the school and as we all file out of the bus, I put away my phone and we all walk side by side into the school and it felt kinda good to be back. Why? I have no clue.