γ

I stared at Poseidon in disbelief, amusing the hell out of him. I couldn't believe that we had already reached our destination. Usually when I'd ride with Hermes in his chariot, it'd take us a while to reach our destination. I don't even think it took us five minutes to reach here!

"It was more like three." Poseidon said, making me scowl at him.

"So, where are we exactly?" I asked.

"You have eyes. Take a look for yourself." Poseidon said. I frowned before looking around. My eyes eventually landed on a large sign with the words 'Galveston, Texas' on it.

"Ah, got it. Well, thank you for your help." I said, turning back to say goodbye to Poseidon when I noticed he had dried off his clothes. "

"Wait, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm coming with you." Poseidon responded as he dried me off with the wave of his hand. I frowned at him once more.

"Not that I don't mind, but why?" I asked.

"You don't know where it's at." Poseidon stated as he began heading towards the road.

"How would you know that?" I asked but didn't receive a response. Over the years, I learned to be more observant and take note to the things I found strange. Right now, no danger seemed to be near. But for some reason, I felt it was important for me to remember this.

"I and a few others created this camp after Zeus sent away a pair of Demigods. I found it a cruel considering their knowledge of this place tore them away from their previous life and they could no longer return to it. And so, we sent them here, and did the same with every other Demigods that's been exiled since Zeus started allowing outsiders into Olympus." Poseidon spoke.

"So, you know where this place is at?" I asked to confirm.

"Indeed. Come along, now. We have quite the journey ahead of us." Poseidon said as he began waving down a car. After a few minutes, one finally stopped for us. As the driver rolled down his window, Poseidon walked to the drivers side of the car, reached his hand through the window, and gripped ahold of the man's shirt.

"Hey, wait!" The man called out as Poseidon tossed him into one of the tall fields surrounding us.

"Shall we?" Poseidon asked as he entered the drivers side. I stood there in disbelief of his actions. I thought about calling him out on his actions but then remembered he is a self-entitled God.

"Self-entitled, huh? I can't help that I was anointed King of the Sea." Poseidon responded, making me roll my eyes at him as I entered the passenger side of the car. It became clear immediately that the laws within the mortal world didn't matter to Poseidon. We sped at a speed that felt unsafe for any mortal. But, well, neither of us were mortal. I watched a sign pass by labeled 'Fairfield, Texas.' I poked my head out the window, feeling the breeze through my long, burgundy hair. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, realizing just how long I'd let my hair get. My lip curled as I ran my fingers through it. I really need a trim. Not long after the ride began, Poseidon pulled to a stop. To the right of me was a campsite. Far back, I saw others, all gathered around a bonfire. It seemed like the Demi-gods of the camp had thrown a party. Some of them conversed with one another, some sat off to the side by themselves, and some showed off their abilities. They all seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere, though. I sat and pondered for a moment before turning towards Poseidon as he exited the car, soon following after him.

"Wait, don't tell me this like the camp in Percy Jackson. I get this is no vacation, but I was really hoping to have a break from training all day, every day." I spoke, making Poseidon frown at me.