θ′

"The original eight do not all reside at camp. In fact, five of them didn't even make it here. The five agreed they'd have no part of this and are now elsewhere." Aidan started as he sat me down in a chair. We were currently up in his bedroom. I was honestly shocked to find how nice it was. The room was more modern than I expected and he even had one of the rooms that could easily be seen from the outside through the balcony door. It was also quite large in size. He gently pulled my damaged hair back and let it fall down my back. I heard him shuffling in a drawer of the desk I sat in front of. Soon, he pulled out a pair of scissors. "How far up am I cutting?" Aidan then asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just get rid of the damage." I replied. He gave me an unsure look through the mirror ahead of us, but went to work on my hair anyways.

"Seven out of the original eight didn't know they were the children of Gods and Goddesses. One of them, however, did. His mother informed him and told him stories often until her untimely death. The seven all lived troubled lives that got more difficult as they got older. Eventually, their human parents could no longer deal with them. Some were forsaken, and some left on their own. As did the young Demi-god because he felt he needed to belong elsewhere now that his mother was gone." Aidan said as he made the first snip of hair. "It's believed by the Fates that the Demi-god children are drawn to one another and that when you meet one, you feel a tether to them. A connection stronger than any bond a Demi-god child can have with their parent." Aidan continued. When he spoke of this, the group immediately came to mind. With each of them, I felt a connection stronger than I ever did with anybody else in my life. I felt a connection to them stronger than I ever did with either of my parents. How'd he know that, though? "And so, the eight of them were drawn to the same place at the same time in the Gulf of Altamura, Italy." Aidan said. My original thought was pushed out of my head once I heard the location. Did he just say-

"The Gulf of Altamura, Italy?" I repeated as I spun around to face him, making him hum.

"Perhaps they were drawn there because they felt the presence of one or more Demi-gods there before them." Aidan suggested. He seemed to realize I'd been there at one place in time. I then turned back around. "The Demi-god who knew what he was revealed to the seven what he could do, and that they had abilities themselves. Of course, none of them believed him until he displayed his own ability. He didn't have too much knowledge himself, but he quickly helped them learn who each of them belonged to. Soon enough, after much practice, they all knew how to use their abilities." Aidan continued. I glanced up at him through the mirror, soon noticing he'd barely cut much of my hair off. He seemed to read my mind because he let out a sigh.

"I don't think you understand how much damaged hair is here, Amara." Aidan said. I sighed and took the scissors from him. I then pulled my hair forward. I didn't bother to look where the damage started and cut a chunk of hair just above my shoulder. I then looked up in the mirror, finding Aidan with wide eyes.

"My hair was short all my life. It's really no big deal. Besides, it's such a hassle to maintain." I said before handing him the scissors. He seemed a little taken aback still, but took the scissors after a moment. "So, how did the original eight get banished exactly?" I asked, wanting to get back to the story. I then finally heard him snipping away some more hair.

"Well, led by the Demi-god who knew what he was all along, they headed into Olympus to search for their parents. His Earth mother assured him that they'd open their golden gates to them with loving arms. Only, his mother was wrong and he was a damn fool for believing her." Aidan said, emitting a sigh. "They were met with the opposite, actually. Many of them were outraged that there were more Demi-gods than the first five born. Everybody treated them with disgust. Most of their parents were embarrassed that it'd been revealed they had Demi-god children. Those embarrassed, turned their children away. They never wanted to see them again and Zeus went along with it. So, he banished them." Aidan revealed. My mind traced back to the day we defeated Cronus and met out parents for the first time. I couldn't imagine being turned away like they had been. As much as I hated Zeus, I was fortunate enough to have been allowed to stay in Olympus. I didn't have to go through the pain and embarrassment I'm sure they felt after it all.