ζ′

I stood with my hand on my hips, waiting to hear Aidan's response. I could tell when his eyes fell back on them he had no clue who they were either. I hoped it'd buy me some time to figure out my owl's story. But unfortunately, our camp leaders were quick to respond.

"They're students here at the camp." Aether said as he made his way over to them. "This is Zachary." Aether spoke. Harmonia then placed a hand on the other person's shoulder.

"And this is Naomi. The both of them handle the mail." Harmonia spoke, explaining their reasoning for being there, also. Aidan then turned back to me, crossing his arms over his chest.

Your turn, Aidan thought, making my eyes widen only slightly. I wondered how he learned to pick that up so quickly.

"This," I said as I turned and pointed back at my owl. "Is the mail I received. Poseidon sent me a bodyguard for while I'm here." I replied with a confident tone in hopes that nobody would question it.

"He was in the box?" Harmonia asked as she quirked her brow at me. She seemed to be the only one not believing me about who my owl was.

"Oh, sure. Poseidon stuffed a human into that small ass box." I said sarcastically. "He came from the lake and found his own way here. The box merely had a letter explaining why he was sending him to me." I responded. Harmonia hummed in response, realizing her question seemed foolish.

"Wait, is the camp in danger? Shouldn't we all have bodyguards?!" Zachary asked in a panicked voice. Naomi turned to him and slapped him upside the head, making him whine.

"The camp is perfectly fine, Zachary. It is common for a God or Goddess to have a bodyguard for when they tread unfamiliar ground." Alastor spoke. I nodded my head to confirm what Alastor said. It was then I noticed Aidan had an unsure look across his face. He didn't seem to believe me either.

"What's his name?" Aidan asked. I turned back to my owl, unsure of what to respond with. He'd been human only for a minute, so we of course hadn't discussed it yet. Fortunately for the both of us, I was quick to think. I spun back around, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Bodyguard." I replied, making Aidan frown, and Eros snicker.

"Our bodyguards are usually Nymphs or other inferior beings. We don't acknowledge that they have names because it's simply unimportant." Eros explained to the three in the room who wouldn't understand. Harmonia rolled her eyes at her brother's comment but didn't say a thing. Amara didn't hide her distaste for what Eros said. She narrowed her eyes at him, but soon realized it was a good opportunity for the two of them to ger away.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, we have other matters to tend to." I said as I pulled my owl up from his chair, making him scoff at me for being so grabby with him. I quickly pushed him out of the cabin and dragged him down a dirt path.

"Where else do we have to be?" My Owl asked.

"Nowhere. We just needed to get away from the rest of them." I said as we made our way to our cabin. "And we need to figure out a name for you too. I'm not just gonna go around calling you 'bodyguard' the whole time." I continued as I pulled him into my cabin, shutting the door behind us, and locking it. When I spun around, I found him fidgeting his fingers from where he stood. He seemed to feel out of place. I understood, considering he usually perched himself on the bookshelf beside my bed. I then stood with my hand placed on my hip, trying to find a name that best fit him.

"What is it?" My Owl asked as a look of concern spread across his face, seemingly unsure of why I was staring at him.

"Johnathan! No, no. That won't work." I said, scoffing at myself afterward. My Owl seemed to catch on, stroking a beard he didn't have as he thought.