41.

Investigations were on its peak. Juman's business was ceased completely. And so was her mansion. The official order were to tranffer the funds to government authorities. All the rights were being snatched from her and her parents as only Jibran was being found innocent in this.
But he had to pay penalty for being a culprit as he was part of their crimes, due to his actions and immature age when Juman was married off to her devils husband and raped. Jibran's half punishment was ceased.

Rumana's custody too was transferred to an NGO. But Aurad's mother managed to take her custody with great difficulty throughout this 6 months.

Juman and her parents were in jail. Juman and Aurad's relationship was like vanished. He was not shocked to knew the deepest scar of her life. He knew what she had been suffering before his arrival. But what shocked him was that, she had murdered all her rapists. Second shock was that, Rumana was her sister in law!
She rescued her from her own family by taking her custody.

Life being cruel towards her made her go through alot. Through every hearing Juman never stated her anything in her confession. Hyzin was always by her side to lessen her punishment he proved with all his intelligence that she had crossed her limits only to get justice. While her parents were sentenced to long term punishment.

Aurad didn't even once visited her. His mother tried his best to talk to him he cared less. He was mentally disturbed, not knowing what and how to react exactly.

He started his small new business, which was in partnership with Jibran and Arain. No one dared to raise up their voice, or talk anything about Juman. 

While Arain and Zumra's love story was paused as Zumra was sent to other city for further studies by Aurad. He didn't wanted her to go around Arain, or over shadow her career while bringing up Shafaq. Shafaq and Rumi were brought up by His mother now.

Arain too had no problem with Aurad decision, he got time to focus on his life and left Zumra focus on her career. Which he was worried about too.

After 5 years.

"Aaaaaaaaa!!" A girl around 17 years yelled loudly making her family to roll their eyes. Being a naughty and the brat, she has wrapped everyone around her fingers.

While a 5 years old girl, giggled at the big girl's reaction and speeded up to her father.

Rumana, narrowing her eyes followed little Shafaq, with her project file being half coloured with water colours. Arain, being all ready for his office. Sighed at his daughter.

"Shafaq what did you do now?" He asked as she giggled and trying to hide behind him. She barely reached her father's knees.

Rumana, with huffing cheeks crossed her arms at her Arain bhai. "Ap smjhaye apni beti ko, hume bhot tang krti h!" She says complaining.

Arain narrowed his eyes at Shafaq who pouted cutely. Meanwhile his phone rang and she squealed, "Araa call baba" she says cutely as she knew it must definitely Zumra's call. Arain smiled at her excitement and handed over the phone to her.

"Rumana, I talk to you teacher to assign you some more time ok" he says patting her head. She nodded and hummed.

Meanwhile everyone gathered around the lavish dinning area for the breakfast. In this 5 years Aurad has gained much name and fame. But he is not the same Aurad as before. He has became more quite and isolated himself in his office.

Following year he had being receiving numerous proposals to which he declined politely as his net worth made him the city's most eligible bachelor.

He owned a huge mansion, numerous cars and many more things. Currently everyone sighed looking at his empty chair.

His mother couldn't be more furious at his stubbornness to skip food."ye ladka aakhir phle jesa hoga! Me tang aa gyi isse" his mother says not able to deal with his stubbornness.

Rumana sighed and stood up, "hum lekar aate h Aurad bhai ko wo humari baat nhi tal sakte" which was true he never deny her commands.

With top toe she and Shafaq goes upstairs. Both shared a look and took deep breaths not before pushing his room door to open up. The darkness consumed room, there he layed with on the bed, staring at a particular spot. Half naked.

Girls giggled and cleared their throats, without looking at them, he picked up his tank top and wore it.

"Chachuuuu Morning" shafaq said jumping on the bed, clinging to his neck. "Morning morning" she says cutely. Aurad saw the most cheerful girl, he kissed her forehead.

Rumana rolled her eyes, "bhai u are spoiling her alot, u know what she did early morning....

And with this the two engulfed him into their banter. Aurad just calmly listened to them and shooked his head.

"Ok saari baate baad me, chale niche khala bula rahi h, ap roz nastha, khana skip karte h that's not good" Rumana says holding his wrist.

Aurad just stood up woth Shafaq in his arms.

While here, everyone's eyes widened and soon a smile captured their lips Aurad was finally downstairs, blessing everyone with his presence.

Soon everyone had their breakfast, Rumana as usual demanded Aurad to drop her to school. He gave a curtly nod.

Meanwhile Shafaq pouted, "muje ni jana ool"

"Apke jaane ka mann hota hi kab h, roz toh hum hi apko zabardasti lekr jate h" says Rumana teasing her. Shafaq crossed her arms. "I ate you"

"Mutual feelings bache" Rumana says winking at her. Shafaq pouted more. Meanwhile Jibran's car entered the porch. Rumana and Shafaq engrossed in cartoon until Aurad comes downstairs with his car keys.

Jibran, being all grown up strong, more manly and more handsome. Enters the mansion, his eyes snapped to the girls. Throughout this years, he and Rumana lost their friendship, nothing was as similar as before.

Shafaq squealed at her favourite Chuza.
"Hayeeeee" she says acting like she just fainted seeing the most dashing man on the eart. Jibran chuckled and shooked his head at her drama.

Rumana turned back and looked at him, their eyes met, he smile genuinely at her. But she looked away. They had not connection like before. She has being grown up beautifully and spoilt brat by Aurad. Her demands are touching heights.

"Morning partner" Jibran says making Shafaq giggle. "Morning, see i am all ready to go to school" she says twirling, making him smile more.

"That's great" he says.

"Aree beta tum kab aaye" asked Aurad's mother. "Just know aunty, Zumi kab aa rahi h wapas?" Asked Jibran as she was coming back.

"Bass aaj sham me" she replies smiling. Jibran nodded. While she chattered randomly to him, she noticed how Rumi ignoring him, while he taking her glimpse every now and than. She softly called Rumi.

Rumi sighed and walked towards them, "ji khala" "me dekh rahi hu Rumi, ap phle ki trha Jibran se baat toh dur ki baat dekhti bhi nhi, aesa kyu?" She asked politely.

Jibran sighed looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Kuch phle jesa bacha hi kab khala" Rumi spatted with gritting her teeths. Meanwhile Aurad heard this, he clenched his jaw. "Mamma apse mana kiya hena mene, ap kyu purani baate karti h! Chlo rumi shafaq" he says holding Rumi's wrist.

Jibran couldn't help but sigh. "Its ok aunty, Arain kaha h wese" he says to ease up the tension.

Meanwhile Arain showed up and both drove to their office. Aurad dropped Rumi and Shafaq. And drove back to his office. As he entered his cabin, his heart beated loudly, as he saw a woman's portrait placed, those stare cold with unsolved mystery. He forgot to breath, forgot to blink. Meanwhile his pa follows him, "sorry sir woh ye painting kisi ne apke liye bhijwayi h, or iski packing khul gyi toh I removed it and placed the portrait there" he says admiring the beauty of the woman.

---

Asslamualaikum / hey
Hope you are doing well 😊
Do vote comment and follow 🤍