03

𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥
ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴꜱʜɪᴘ

𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐥ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴꜱʜɪᴘ

"Good morning." I greeted Ms.Inez at the front desk as I walked into the hospital building.

"Hey baby , you have a good day today ! Don't let them doctors && kids stress you out today." She said the last part lowly making me chuckle and nod my head.

"yes ma'am  I'll try not to , you have a good day too." I smiled lightly as I walked out the office and walked down the hall way turning onto the hall I work on which is the children's hall.

I'm currently working a paid internship at the hospital. I'm enrolled at Charles R. Drew university for medicine and science. I always had a love for helping those in need but I enjoy doin it better with children.

I walked into our hallways break room and swiped my id card clocking in for this 12 hour shift ahead of me.

"good morning baby." Ms.dorothy spoke to me as she walk in heading to the coffee maker.

"good morning." I spoke back shyly.

I don't tend to talk much around people I don't kno. The only people I've ever had a full conversation with in here is Ms.inez and her.

I just spoke when spoke too and do my job. if I'm not communicating with a patient won't get much conversation out of me.

"hey Ms.Dorothy , hey mute." This girl name destiny said walking in and proceeding to clock in.

I simply just sent a head nod and went to the chart posted on the bulletin board.

"he has a name honey I've told you before that y'all shouldn't be callin him that." Ms.dorothy said defending me.

"Well he doesn't talk so..." destiny said

"It doesn't matter respect should still be given." Ms.dorothy said before she exited out of the room.

I'm used to being call mute boy so the name doesn't even bother me anymore.

I read over the charts carefully and makin sure that I had my patients room number embedded into my memory. Once I did I grabbed their files off the table that was labeled with my name.

I opened them up scanning through the new set of patients I was just giving.

I decided to go to room 124 first because it says she arrived with a fractured shoulder. I clipped her file onto my clipboard making sure I had my pens in my shirt pocket.