Chapter 12: Strike

The figure looked at Skye in horror, as he didn't expect that Skye who somehow survived from the explosion earlier, plus with a new form within her gave him the chills.

"Just in time." Sweetie grinned.

The figure suddenly had an idea, as he then gave an evil smile.

"You think you can scare me with that look you're in?" He smirked. "A brand new fashion change? Don't make me laugh. I still have various ways to bring you down to your paws."

Just as he was about to turn behind, Sweetie surprisingly dissappeared, out of his sight. When he turned back to Skye again, he saw Sweetie riding a familiar whirlwind beside Skye. His face turned in shock.

"Thanks." Sweetie thanked Skye.

Skye somewhat didn't reply. She raised her paw to the side, as the whirlwind gently brought Sweetie out of the throne room and headed straight towards the dungeon, bringing her to safety.

"Not a bad attempt to save your friend, I gotta admit." He growled. "But did you really think you would stand a chance against m-"

Before he could even say anything, Skye blitzed towards him and arrived in front of him in a millisecond, followed by a pink trail.

Skye coldly stared at him, as she then raised a paw up.

The figure didn't know what she was up to, but before he tried landing a hit on her, several air punches came out of nowhere and directly hit right on his body for a couple of times.

The figure instantly grunted in pain. One of the air strikes then hit him on the chin, which sent him crashing on the throne with a loud thud.

Right when he crashed, Skye swiftly charged up a whirlwind sphere and launched it straight towards him.

The figure saw the attack incoming and quickly guarded himself with an energy forcefield. Unfortunately, the forcefield didn't last long as the whirlwind sphere later shattered it to pieces. The figure dodged it at the last second by leaping up, while the whirlwind sphere missed and hit on the floor, creating a huge explosion.

The figure looked down on the ground and shockingly found that Skye wasn't even down there. Right as he was about to search for her, Skye reappeared from behind him without him noticing and smashed him on the back with another air punch, but with a stronger force than before.

"When did she-" The figure was found shocked by the surprise attack as he crashed onto the ground once again.

Just as he was about to get back up, huge rocks and debris suddenly appeared from above him and all crashed onto him at the same time.

Skye slowly landed in front of the pile of debris that she made. She looked at it for a while, thinking that it'll not be that easy to deal with this enemy.

Huge energy rays immediately shot up from the debris pile. The rocks around it then scattered away with an unknown energy releasing out.

The figure angrily looked at Skye, with a wild rush of his red aura around his body.

"Now you've done it." He growled again. "I'm really gonna destroy you to pieces without mercy."

"So this was your full power?" Skye asked, while looking at him.

"I was sure that my attack just now would decimate you to dust." He added, as he clenched his fists tightly. "But it seems that my predictions had failed me. You're somewhat persistent than I thought."