THERAPIST

I find myself sitting in the therapist's office, a place I never thought I'd be

I find myself sitting in the therapist's office, a place I never thought I'd be. Though the darkness of suicidal thoughts and anxiety attacks no longer clouds my mind, but my 'boyfriend' insisted on seeking professional help. So here I am, navigating this unfamiliar space, willing to explore what lies beneath this space, a journey I didn't foresee but am willing to embrace for the sake of my well-being.

"Miss Divyaanka", the receptionist called out my name, and my heart started beating so fast as I knocked and nervously entered the psychologist's office, my eyes scanning the room for a sense of comfort. Dr Sharma welcomed me warmly, motioning to a cosy chair. Nervously fidgeting with my hands, I settled into the comfortable chair facing Dr. Sharma, who welcomed me with a warm smile. "Welcome, Divyanka. I'm Dr. Raghav Sharma. Please, make yourself comfortable. How can I help you today?"

I hesitated a bit because I hadn't opened up to anyone except my boyfriend and Grandma, I took a deep breath shaking off this feeling "Um, my boyfriend suggested I see you. I've been having these anxiety attacks, so he insisted I seek professional help to overcome them,"

"Can you tell me more about what's been going on?" He inquired.

"It's just... I don't know. It's like this heaviness in my chest, and I can't breathe. It's like everything is closing on me."

Dr. Sharma nodded empathetically. "Let's start by exploring the triggers. Can you tell me more about them?"

My eyes welled up as I recounted the painful memories. "it's a long story," I hesitated to continue, thoughts like 'what if he judges me like all of them?', 'What if I become a subject of laughter once again?' crossed my mind

"Hey, you can take your time. No rush; we have a whole session for your story if you are comfortable sharing it" he reassured me, sensing my hesitation.
His gentle tone eased my pain "So...it started with my dad's transfer to Delhi and we had to move again with him"

Flashback:
"Divyaanka, beta, we need to move to Delhi. Your dad's posting is there now," my mom informed me. I sighed, thinking, 'Great! It's only been two months since I tried to adapt to this place, and now we're shifting again!'
Let's see what Destiny holds for me...

Time skips: three months

It's been three months since I arrived in Delhi. I've made two new friends - Natasha, who's become my best friend, and Aditya. I'm the class topper and monitor. Natasha and Aditya playfully call me a nerd because of that.
Today, the teacher handed me a bundle of copies to take to the staff room. The stack covered my face, and as I struggled to see, I heard students screaming and running in the corridor. Suddenly, someone collided with me, and the copies tumbled. I looked up, saying, "Dekh ke nahi chal sakte kya?"
(Can't you see where you are going?)

The boy who bumped into me picked up some of the copies, and huffed, "Ulta chor kotwal ko daante."
(The pot Calling the kettle black)
"You-" I pointed my fingers towards him, and suddenly Aditya appeared there cutting me off "Vansh bro, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing bro, just trying to avoid our principal, on my way to class she collided with me" Vansh explained and turned towards me "Why are you carrying so many books if you can't handle them alone" and I stayed silent not to argue and diverted my gaze to pick up the notebooks

"Is the floor that lovely?" he teased.

"What?" I asked, confused.
"No, you've been sitting there for quite a while, so I thought," he explained with a playful grin. I stood up, feeling embarrassed, and he just smiled at me.

As we walked side by side I found out that this guy, Vansh, is in our class. How did I never notice him before? We went back to the classroom and saw Natasha and Aditya excitedly coming towards me......or maybe towards Vansh.

"Heyyy Vansh, kaha tha yar tu 10 dino se," Natasha inquired playfully hitting his shoulders.
(Hey Vansh, where have you been from the past ten days)

"Areh, ye apne cousin ki shaadi mein gaya tha," Aditya informed her.
(He went to his cousin's Wedding)

As we moved towards class leaving three of them there Vansh again started, "Dekh ke chala karo warna chot bhi lag skti hai"
(Always walk carefully, dude, or else you can get hurt)

"Dekh ke hi chal rahi thi tum hi pagalon ki tarah principal se bachne ke chakkar mein bhaag rahe the corridor mein," at this point, I was annoyed by this guy continuously poking his nose in my matter.
(I was walking very carefully, you were running like a mad person trying to escape from the principal)

"Haa toh bhagunga hi waha woh budha khadhoos-" Vansh responded.
(Yeah, so? I had to run from that old jerk or else-)
"Mr. Vansh!" a familiar voice called out, and we turned to see our principal standing there with arms crossed. 'OMG, did he hear Vansh? Beta, ye toh gaya,' I thought anxiously.

"Mr. Vansh, you have submitted sick leave. Now that you're back, please also submit the doctor's prescription," our principal stated. Oh, it means he didn't hear anything.

"Okay, sir," Vansh replied, and suddenly the bell for recess rang.

"Chalo yaar, bhookh lagi hai. Canteen chale?" Aditya asked, making a cute face.
(Guys, I'm hungry, Should we go to the canteen?)

"Haa, chalo chalo," Vansh replied.
(Yeah, let's go)
"Tum dono jao, main aur Natasha aate hain," I told them.
(You guys go ahead, we will join you guys)

"Thik hai, jaldi aa jana, miss?" Vansh asked.
(Ohkay, .Come quickly, Miss?)

"Divyaanka," Natasha replied on my behalf.

"Okay! And don't collide with other students on your way 'The queen of clumsiness'," Vansh winked at me.

'This guy I tell you' I controlled myself and took a deep breath

"Natasha, who was he? I have never seen this before in our class," I curiously asked her.

"Areh, he is from our class only. You will notice other students only when you get time from studies. He was on leave for the last 10 days, and came today only,"she explained.

"Oh," I nodded at her and entered the canteen area.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
HEY GUYSS!! THANK YOU FOR READING AND PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
I WILL TRY TO UPDATE REGULARLY (PROLLY THREE UPDATE A WEEK ) AND LONG CHAPTERS
THANK YOU
BYE BYE LOVE YOU ALL❤️