A Leap into an Unknown World

I awoke later next to a sleeping Luna. The sheets were completely off the bed, revealing her body in all its naked glory. I traced the beautiful curves with my eyes, relishing her slender neck, perfect breasts, slim waist, wide hips, and long legs. After watching her sleeping for a bit, I decided it was time to get up.

I stood up carefully so as not to wake her and laid the covers over her. After doing that, I sat at the table, looking through the manuals I'd gotten from raiding different worlds. After selecting a few that would help her cultivate faster than the one she was currently using, I put them in a pile on the table along with a large pile of stones for her to use.

After a bit, she woke up and got dressed, then came over and sat down next to me, leaning her head against my shoulder.

"Are you leaving now?"

"Soon. These are some things for you to use, even though they are from a lower level world, they are still better than what you're using now."

She nodded, "How long will you be gone?"

"Don't know. I can adjust the timescale, so I'm only gone for an instant, but that wouldn't give you any time to increase your strength. So, I was thinking of letting it be a couple of years. If you cultivate diligently, the time will fly."

She thought about it and agreed. I got up and pulled her into a kiss.

"Alright, I'll be back soon."

I waved goodbye and felt a small ache in my heart that I was going to miss her as I stepped out of the pocket world back into the blank space. After adjusting the timescale of the world so time would pass for her to get stronger, I was ready to go to the next world.

'Kitty, how do I go to the next world, and can I choose which one I want to go to?'

[Just tell me, and no, it's random when going to the next sphere.]

'Alright, I'm ready!'

I felt a warping sensation, and I could feel a small part of the energy I'd collected get expended. Space seemed to tear, and a crack appeared in front of me.

[It takes a lot of energy to go through the wall of each sphere the first time, now go through.]

I took a deep breath and stepped into the crack. It felt like I got sucked in, then there was a small thump sound, and I could feel my back hit something. I seemed to be laying down. It was so dark I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

'Kitty, am I there?'

[Yes.]

'Why's it so dark then?'

[Do you think I'll answer everything and not let you figure anything out? If I did that, would you ever learn anything?]

'Just say you don't know or you're not gonna tell me.'

I felt the surface I was laying on; it felt like some type of metal. I tapped it with my nail; it sounded like metal too. I smelled the air and listened; the air smelled stagnant, and it was so quiet I could hear ringing in my ears. So, I must be in some type of building from the metal floor, and with there being no light, maybe it's underground. The stagnant air and dead silence make me think it's underground also.

I held my arms in front of my face and slowly sat up. I didn't hit anything, so I carefully stood up in the same manner, not hitting anything. I raised my hand above my head, feeling for the ceiling. My fingertip brushed what felt like another sheet of metal. So, metal floor and ceiling, what about the walls?

I slowly shuffled in one direction, being careful not to step into some kind of pit or walk off an edge. Reaching out with my hands, I finally touched a wall, also metal. I shuffled around the perimeter of the room, keeping my hand on the wall until I came to what felt like wood. Feeling it more, it seemed to be a crate. Metal walls, floor, and ceiling, has crates inside. I really hope I'm not in some type of vault as that would be awkward to explain when it gets opened.

I kept exploring over the next few hours and didn't find anything but crates inside. Maybe if I get some information about the world, I can figure something out.

'Kitty, can you please tell me about this world?'

[Magic World 2.YGRJF8U2, this world's power system uses "mana," which is produced by the planet. Everyone is born with a mana core and they add circles to it. One circle is the lowest, and ten is the highest. There are also races besides humans like elves, beastmen, and dwarves.]

'Does it use the same language?'

[No, I will insert the language into you so you can understand it.]

I immediately got a headache, and I held my head as new information poured in, everything I needed to read, write, and speak. After a while, it subsided, and I went over it a bit, thinking it wouldn't seem natural, but it had integrated perfectly.

'Please adjust my stats to reflect this world and show them to me.'

Name: Max Frost
Health: 100%
Title: (No titles)
Occupation: None
Affiliations:

Physical Description:
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Age: 22 (appears)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eye Color: Royal Blue
Hair Color: Brown

Stats (Average Human stat is 1):
Combat power: 3
Energy: 27
Strength: 5
Agility: 5.5
Stamina: -
Intelligence: 6
Wisdom: 7
Luck: 2
Charisma: 8

Skills: Devour, Astral Cultivation Mimic, Invisibility.

Wow, so low, but at least some things stay the same.

'Please sort the clothing in the store to what would be best for me.' I don't know if the clothing is the same, but better dress appropriately.

The system panel displayed many shirts, pants, footwear, socks, and underwear. They were in a sort of modern but very plain style. I bought a set and changed out of my robe and into the new clothing. After so much time spent wearing a robe, I was overjoyed to be back in a modern style of clothing.

As I was contemplating my next steps, I heard noises outside. My heart leapt to my throat as my brain scrambled to think of a reasonable explanation for why I was here.

A little hole in the wall opened, letting some light in. Though it wasn't that bright, it looked blinding with how much time I spent in the dark. I quickly hid behind some crates, hoping they wouldn't notice. I peeked around the corner, squinting at the blinding light streaming through the hole, and saw a small loaf of bread fly through and hit the floor with a thud, like as if it were a rock, rolling across the floor until it came to a stop. The hole closed, and I breathed a sigh of relief that they aren't coming in.

Er, wtf? Why did they add bread to the room then? They don't know I'm here. The conclusion sent a chill down my spine; someone else is in here with me, and I didn't even notice.

I listened, unmoving, staying there for what felt like hours, and I didn't sense anything. No one moved to pick up the bread, so I figure they must be wary of me also.

I wanted to smack my forehead in frustration as I opened the store and did something I should have when I first arrived, looked for a light. I didn't find a flashlight of any kind, but I did find a magic stone called lumistone that glowed. Though the price made me choke, I still had to buy it.

I pulled out the lumistone, and it cast a nice glow on my surroundings. The piles of crates cast shadows on the black metal room. The metal seemed to have a little reflective glitter on the surface.

I looked at the bread again and saw a small creature move incredibly fast from behind one stack of crates to another, picking up the bread in the way. Since it only happened now, I think they were afraid I was going to steal their food. From what I saw, it seemed to have some fur and a tail but was humanoid, so maybe a beastman. However, it was so small, so maybe it was some type of large animal. I decided to say something in case I could get a response and learn.

"Hello, I'm not going to take your food. May I ask you something?"

I didn't get a response, but I could hear the quiet tearing of hard bread and chewing.

I kept looking in the direction of the crates it was behind, but after it was done eating, it was silent again.

After an hour or so, I saw small fingers grab the corner of a crate and part of a face peek out. I could see a very dirty human face and a small ear sticking out on top of its head as an eye with a golden iris looked at me. Definitely a beastman, but a child? Why is a child in here and being fed a little bit of hard bread?