Chap.5

•Adrian's pov.

I pulled up to the beach and parked next to the Porsche sportscars that were parked there.

I got out and walked up to the cooler to get myself a beer.

Everyone was drinking, swimming, sitting around the fire, dancing and playing games.

My talk with Aaliyah was really fun.

I enjoyed listening to her voice.

I had a short sleeve on which made my scars a litte visible but its dark out here so no one will notice.

I saw Aria, Aaliyah's friend but I didn't see Aaliyah.

As I scanned through all the people I saw Aaliyah sitting by herself.

She loves hanging around people, and only subtracts herself from the crowd when she's in her feels or when she's thinking about things or when she doesn't feel like hanging out.

I decided to walk up to her to make sure she's alright.

As I got closer I noticed her wiping her eyes.

"Yo, you good?" I asked as soon as I got to her.

"Hey, yeah I'm good." She said huffing while wiping her tears.

"If you were you wouldn't be huffing or wiping your puffy red eyes. Aaliyah are you okay?" I asked again.

"You really want to know?" She asked.

I sat down next to her.

"I just felt overwhelmed and stressed I just had to let it out. Mostly it's cause I need to let it out and not bottle it up." She said chuckling.

I had a feeling she was lying but I didn't want to make things worse for her.

"Beer?" I asked.

"Nah I'm okay." She said taking a look at the beer.

"Adrian.." She said grabbing my arm gently, inspecting my scars.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" She asked.

I watched her get teary eyed.

"Depression." I said taking a sip of my beer.

"Adrian you should've talked to me about it. I would've made a way to come see you." She said.

"It's not as if you would've came." I said.

"You don't know that." She said as her voice cracked.

"Yeah, I think I do." I said staring at the waves.

"Adrian, I'm really trying to talk to you but you keep pushing me away!" She said huffing as the tears fell from her eyes.

"Why talk to me when your leaving again." I said.

"I don't have time for this right now. Adrian I'm trying to help you." She said getting up.

"I self-harmed due to my panic attacks, anxiety and depression, I had a alcohol problem and my depression got so bad that I randomly started seeing my mom. I self-harmed because to me it was the only way to cope with my pain. I self-harmed so much I almost ended up in the hospital. I self-harmed so much I became addicted to doing it everyday." I said breaking down.

"I can't do this anymore. It got so bad that I thought of overdosing." I said drinking from my beer.

"Adrian." Aaliyah said softly while wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, if knew I would've come check up on you." She said placing a kiss on my temple.

"It's not your fault, you didn't know." I said sniffing.