Chapter 14

Their eyes are locked.

Crip feels frozen in fear. This guy was so unnecessarily intimidating. His ice blue eyes, tall, slender but muscular frame, and those dark clothes. It's like he emits a dangerous aura.

"Do my eyes deceive me?"

Crips eyes flick to the right, and sadly, he does recognize this man. His hair is bleach blonde and short, gauges in his ears, and of course, Crip knows from the past, tattoos all over his body.

"You've got some nerve coming in here."

He's approaching fast, but Crip doesn't care. If he gets beat up, so be it. This guy was a major pain in the ass back then, and he's not about to make his life even more miserable now.

Crip: "You've got some nerve being alive."

Victor chuckles a bit, grinning as if he really enjoyed that remark.

Victor: "He's got a point Rat."

Crip: "Rat? That's what you're going by now?"

StreetRat: "It's StreetRat to you."
He says through gritted teeth.

Crip: "Seems fitting."

StreetRat: "I see your mouth hasn't changed. That's what got your ass in trouble before, remember?"

Crip: "I don't fucking care."

StreetRat: "Oh good. I guess we can have another session then. Wonder how many of these new members want in?"

Crip: "Shut up."

StreetRat: "Come on now, you know you enjoyed that many dicks at once."

Crip: "I said shut up!"

StreetRat reaches out, but before he can get close enough to grab him, Victor steps between them. The sudden movement forces StreetRat to step back, and stare at Victor in disbelief.

There's a moment of silence.

StreetRat: "What's up with you?"

Victor: "Red gave me instructions to protect this one."

StreetRat looks very confused.

StreetRat: "Why?"

Victor doesn't answer, and just stares at him.

StreetRat: "Are you serious right now? I can't even fuck him?"

Victor: "Do I need to remind you of what happened when I first joined?"

StreetRats eyes widen a bit.

StreetRat: "No...I get it. I'll back off."

Victor smirks a bit, and StreetRat walks off. Surely, he's going to talk to Red.

Crip is honestly shocked. Victor really is gonna protect him. It's a conflicting feeling. On one hand, he can do whatever he wants and Victor isn't gonna let anyone mess with him...but on the other hand...there's still the question of why Red would order such a thing.

Since when has he cared about a gang war?

Something doesn't add up.

Victor: "Let's go. I want you to meet Thad."

Crip: "Thad?"

Instead of explaining, Victor just starts walking, and Crip is quick to follow. After all that, Crip would rather stay near him the entire time he's forced to be here.

They reach an office, and as they enter, Crip spots this man with shoulder length, curly brown hair. He's wearing glasses, and certainly doesn't look like he should be in a gang.