|19| payal

Greetings everyone,

I intended to provide an update last evening, but unfortunately, the Wi-Fi at my home unexpectedly stopped to function. Nevertheless, here is today's update.

I am delighted to share that the story has surpassed 500 votes. My sincere gratitude to all those who cast their votes and contributed to this milestone, and those who haven't voted, go back to first chapter and vote, the least you can do to appreciate my work.

I sincerely apologize;I know one update a week is less but can't help it, my schedule often leaves me with minimal breathing space. While I aspire to post more frequently, pushing myself may compromise the quality of the story, and I believe you wouldn't want that. Please bear with me, and rest assured that as soon as my schedule permits, I will increase the frequency of updates, but don't worry, I'll never leave the story in middle.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Do follow your author, Meehira__writes help me reach fifty followers ❤️. Do press on the star icon 🌟

Happy Reading!!

The chapter is around 4500 words, excluding my words.

NIDHI

Sensing everyone around, Shivani left me, giggling. I went to my father to touch his feet, but before that, he embraced me in a loose hug.

"Okay, beta, you all talk. All the relatives are sitting there," Ma suggested, after few minutes of listening, their banters, sometimes Aadarsh teasing Roshni, and sometimes Priya, pulling Aadarsh's leg.

"Yes, even I'll leave. You all enjoy; what would I do between you people," Papa added, and they both left the room.

As Papa left, my thoughts shifted to Mumma. She didn't come, not that I wanted or expected her to. However, contemplating the evening and the potential gossip and talks behind my back, my mind coerced me into dwelling on it, even though it seemed pointless.

"Yaar, Jiju, your brother is not at all a good host. I asked him to take me to a good shopping joint to get a gift for your reception, but I didn't like what he showed," Priya complained, her words snapped me out of my reverie, although she could fool everyone, but not me, she was deliberately bringing up the topic of gift.

"Priya, you came; that's enough. Otherwise, the gifts you have given both times, just ufff," Vaibhav joked, a hint of humor evident in his facial expressions.

"What gift?" Shivani asked abruptly.

"Yes, Bhabhi, you didn't even show me," Roshni exclaimed, curious about the gift.

"Oh, she asked me to place water balloons over the fan," Aadarsh chimed in.

"No, no, there is much more, hai na? New Couple," Priya teased, her boldness evident, as always.

"It was chocolate," I stated before anyone could inquire about the gift.

"Indeed, there was chocolate-flavored chocolate inside," Priya chimed in, eyeing me mischievously, her eyes dancing in hip hop, when she uttered chocolate flavoured chocolate.

"You all must be hungry. Chalo, let's have something," I interjected to steer the conversation away from the gift.

"Ha, I didn't even have breakfast," Roshni exclaimed.

"Ha, Roshni, if you wake up at lunchtime, how will you have breakfast? Otherwise, do you want any of us to shove breakfast in your mouth while you're asleep? That's a different matter altogether," Aadarsh joked, showing his teeth and playfully knocking Roshni's head, that too twice.