𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 22

"Se-ri! Let's go! School!" You called out as you fixed her lunchbox, placing some fruits and some ham and cracker bites in it

"Se-ri! Let's go! School!" You called out as you fixed her lunchbox, placing some fruits and some ham and cracker bites in it. You put a small juice box on the side, too, closing it and placing it in her small bag. You watched through the doorway as Seri went down the stairs, carefully holding onto the railing. Jungkook was off to work, leaving you with Se-ri and Taehyung, who was about to come over. You took the bag and drank the last of your coffee, placing the cup in the sink before heading off to Se-ri, placing the bag on her back. "There. Ready?" You asked as you crouched in front of her, smiling sweetly. She nodded with a smile, getting a kiss on her forehead by you before taking your hand. You grabbed your purse and phone, heading outside to see Taehyung pulling up right on time. "Mrs. Jeon, little Se-ri." Taehyung said as he got out of the car, opening the back door and passenger door for you two. You thanked him and helped Se-ri into her seat, closing the door and climbing onto the passenger one. You checked your phone as Taehyung drove away towards her school, seeing a couple of loving messages from Jungkook that made you smile. It had already been 5 months, nearly 6 months since you got married, and the contract was near to an end. But you were keeping your marriage, and Jungkook was working on disolving the contract and having a normal marriage, as if the contract never existed.

The love that grew between you was magical, something you didn't think possible but still had hope for. The days you've spent together have made you grow closer, made you realize you're inseparable. You looked up to see the school growing closer, putting your phone away, and looking back at Se-ri, who was excitedly looking out of the window. "If you feel sick or tired, tell the teacher to call me, okay?" You said, caressing her thigh softly. She nodded, "Yes, Y/n." She replied. The car came to a stop, and you got out, helping her out too and picking her up. Other people's children were running around excited in the safe zone, parents chattering together. You looked around as you waited for the bell to ring for the children to go in, watching as some rich moms spoke to each other, paying no attention to their children. "New here?" A woman said as she approached you, a little boy about the age of Seri beside her, holding her hand.

"Ah- Just recently. I am bringing her for the first time." You replied, smiling at the woman who smiled back. "This is Junghae." She said as she gestured to her son, the boy waving shyly. You waved at the boy, smiling at his cute little figure before glancing at the woman again. She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the bell, getting everyone's attention towards the doors. "Ah, timing." She chuckled. "I'll see you in a bit." The woman added as she went towards the school. You went inside, too, putting Seri down and kissing her head. "Appa will come pick you up later, okay? And we'll spend the night watching movies." You said, seeing the girl smile widely and nod quickly. You patted her back and watched her run off to her classroom, a smile on your lips. You then went back outside, seeing Taehyung was waiting in the car just by the gate of the school.

"Excuse me!" A woman's voice called, making you look back to see it was the woman from earlier. "Hey." You said with a chuckle as she headed to you, skipping from time to time, making her look flawless. "Sorry, I just really wanted to meet you. All the other mothers here are a little stuck up, and you seem like a normal woman." She said, offering her hand. "I'm Soori." She said. At the mention of the name, your heart crumbled, your eyes widened just a bit, and you turned slightly pale. "I-I'm Y/n." You said as you took her hand and shook it. "Are you okay? You look a bit sick." Soori said as she watched you worriedly. "I'm good. It's just a bit under the weather today." You said. "Y/n! Are you ready?" You heard Taehyung call out to you, making you look at him before looking at Soori again. You saw she had seen Taehyung, her eyes wide as she looked at you after. "You're..." She trailed off, her eyes watering as she lifted her hand to her mouth. "No, you can't tell him. Please!" She quickly said as you backed away. Taehyung was confused at first before he finally recognized her. He quickly went to your side and pulled you away from her. "Let's go. Go!" He said urgently, his own eyes watering. "She's alive..." You said in disbelief. "Please, Jungkook can't know. Don't tell him!" Soori followed you towards the car in a hurry, her tears spilling. "You abandoned Seri! How could you call yourself a mother?!" You exclaimed as you turned to face her, Taehyung holding you by the arms, close to his chest to avoid you hurting her. "You abandoned Jungkook, too! Do you know how heartbroken he was? How depressed he was? How anxious he was when trying to get custody over Seri?" You ranted, your own tears spilling.