271 | Late Visit

JUSTICE, UCHDRYD, VESPER, AND Max were left dumbfounded to see a powerful white uniform standing in front of them with his hands raised like some kind of criminal. Out of everyone they expected to see in the middle of the night, the vice president of the Elites was the last on their list. They almost looked like they saw a ghost because of their reaction.

     "What the hell are you doing here?" Justice finally says.

     "Who is it?" Vesper asks curiously, sticking his head out the gate as well to see who it is. He thought it would be someone from the association, or maybe even another brotherhood member from a different house, but when he saw that it was actually Gavriil, his eyes instantly widened in shock, and Vesper awkwardly started whistling as he slowly walked back inside.

     "What's with the reaction? You're acting like I'm some kind of infected person here," Gavriil sarcastically answered while everyone continued to stare at him in disbelief.

     "What are you doing here?" Justice repeats, and this time, Gavriil takes a deep breath and puts his hands down. He was about to take a step forward, but Checkmates' leader, Uchdryd  Rease, suddenly reloaded his gun, making Gavriil stop moving.

     The vice president looked at the people in front of him and assessed the situation. When no one tried threatening anymore, he finally decided to speak.

     "I am Gavriil Ivanovich Alexeev, the Vice President of J.S High's student council, the Elites," Gavriil suddenly introduced with a bow as if they didn't know that already. "I apologize for my ill-timed arrival, but none of the members of the Elites wanted to come, and I was the only one willing to do so. Unfortunately, I had an initial meeting that ended way past schedule, but I'm here for official business and nothing more. I hope you understand."

     "What official business?" Justice asks.

     "The council has been trying to contact this house for days now, yet we have not received a single reply. President Ian told me to check the situation, especially the current standing of the representatives we sent here," Gavriil explains, almost glancing at Max but trying his best not to. "I am not aware of the situation, but based on how this interaction is going, it is safe to assume that something grave has happened here, correct?"

     Justice massaged his temple and looked at Uchdryd before looking back at the Vice President. This wasn't in their plan at all. He never wanted to get an outsider involved in their business, especially when the said outsider was a member of the highest student council.

    "What are you hoping to get here?" Justice asks next, and Gavriil looks straight into his eyes, his cold and almost empty expression making Justice uncontrollably swallow the lump in his throat.

     "I don't know. You tell me, President Thorndyke."

     The two council officers stared into each other, not daring to look away. But before the tension could get even more heated, Uchdryd pulls Justice away and faces Gavriil instead.

     "We are thrilled to hear that you are worried about us, Vice President Alexeev, but like what you already mentioned, your visit is very untimely. We will not entertain you, not at this hour. But if there are any concerns regarding our house, then I suggest you don't stick your nose into it. I believe you have bigger things to worry about than here," Uchdryd bravely answers.

     Well, there was no reason for him to be intimidated. This was their house, their school, and their territory. If anything, Gavriil should be the one shaking in his boots. This isn't J.S High. And whatever happens in St. George Academy doesn't always stay in St. George Academy.