chapter 2

Joel's pov:

After a few minutes Joel had made it to school, luckily the walk for him didn't take long. He checked his phone one more time looking at the screen that showed up blank.

Dead.

He sighed and rolled his eyes grumpily.
I swear I charged it last night and it was fully charged this morning he thought annoyed. He  could have sworn his phone was charged when he was messaging grian and now he wouldn't even know if he had replied.

He put a hand through his hair as he shoved his phone back into his pocket, no use to him now, not that he would be allowed on it at school anyway.

He walked through the gates and quickly looked round the playground, where everyone waited before the bell rang, trying to find his friends.

A lot of people where already here, the playground being crowded by big groups of his kids his age and younger. He stood on his tippy toes trying to see over the other students getting expecially blocked by some tall boy. Joel sighed fed up before avoiding all the people and managing to get to the spot he normally meant Jimmy.

Joel's eyes widened slightly as he looked at the empty spot. The two both can't be in can they? He turned his head looking to the two sides off him. Great I can't even tell the time he thought thinking back to his dead phone.

Joel turned his head to the over side, his eyes scanning over the people, some familar, some not but non where Jimmy and grian.

Joel felt his body be pushed to the side as someone banged shoulders with him making him lose his balance suddenly. He quickly pulled himself straight his eyes quickly going up the the persons face,a boys face.

The boy was slightly taller then him as his eyes reached his face Joel's anger seemed to fade.

"Jim!" He said his voice full of relief and excitement.

"I thought you guys where ditching me" he said with a airy laugh. He didn't really pay attention to jimmys face as Joel looked behind him. No grian. Instead where two other boys and Joel recognised them. Not because he really knew them he had just seen them in the corridor and they would often say a simple "hi" to one another.

On jimmys left was tango a boy with bright blonde hair and eyes that Joel could never tell the colour of but they had a reddish tint to them. The other boy was called Martyn another blonde boy but he had blue eyes. In fact the three blondes together almost looked like they where in some sort of blonde boy club. Joel smiled at this crazy idea but this was wierd. Jimmy didn't mind tango and Martyn but they didn't really hang out.. Maybe it was because they where helping Jimmy find Joel.

Joels attention whent back on to Jimmy but he didn't look excited at all. In fact Jimmy looked wierded out but smiled slightly.

Joel watched his friends face and his own one grew concerned.

"Uhhh...yeah that's my name" Jimmy said rubbing the back of his head like he really had no clue who Joel was.

Was this a prank

"Hey Jim it's me joellll" he said pointing his thumbs at him. Jimmy was acting strange.

Tango laughed slightly as if Joel hads aid the funniest thing.

"Yeah I bet he knows that" tango replied.

Joel froze for a momment. What the hell? What does he mean?

Joel's smile dropped as he looked at the three confused. His eyes staying on jimmys for much longer.

"Jimmy? What's happening?" Joel asked his face still a half smile as his eyebrown raised. He didn't understand not at all.

"Look thanks for telling me your name but I already know that and your the one who started talking to me" Jimmy replied his voice turning coold as he spoke.

Joels smile dropped completely.  Jimmy was never harsh or rude, he could never be even if he wanted to.

Martyn scoffed lightly and put his hand on jimmys shoulder lightly pushing Jimmy to move on and they did so.

"What the fuck" Joel mumbled under his breath. What's with all this weirdness? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

Joel shook his head, his whole body felt like it needed shaking. He felt terrible, terrible for what? He didn't know. Al he knew was Jimmy was acting like Joel did the worst thing, he needed to know what.

He couldn't stop himself he ran slightly to catch up with Jimmy pushing the other two blonde boys out of the way as he reached Jimmy and put his hand on his back. Jimmy turned around his face looking shocked for a minute before looking at Joel confused and slightly mad. Joel looked at Jimmy now that he was this close he could get a closer look maybe tell what Jimmy was feeling.

He couldn't tell, he looked the same just... Meaner and... Grumpier. His eyes however seemed to be cloudly.

"Jimmy... " he cut his own self off by speaking.

"Did...i.. Do anything? " he managed to twist the words in his mouth forcing them to come out.

Jimmy's expression softened for a minute as he looked back at his two friends before back at Joel. His expression showing no signs of recognising the boy.

"Sorry... Was I a bit harsh on you? I just.. I'm in a bad mood" Jimmy managed to get out giving Joel a apologetic look.

"But I really don't know.. That well"

Joel wanted to scream.

Jimmy you know me I'm your pal, joel.

Why don't you remember?

You do remember don't you?

"We can try... Be friends if you want"

Joel felt his face go a little pale almost chocking on what Jimmy had said. He wanted to scream, but he'd seem even more of an idoit. He swallowed hard. Am I dreaming?

"S... Sure" he managed to get the words out. Nothing felt right. Be could feel Jimmy's eyes on him giving him a  kind yet Symphetic look.he could also feel tangos and martyns eyes on him but he couldn't tell there emotion as he couldn't see it but he could imagine it. God I must look so dumb and stupid

Everythings fine joel, we'll find grian he'll know he's smart and he understands things better then I do....

What did I do?