05 • "Nerd. Loser!"

Asa rang at her neighbor's apartment door at 10:30, ready to leave Crambon in her care for today. She had asked her yesterday and Sawatari fortunately didn't mind. The door soon opened after one minute, revealing the woman who looked like she just woke up.

"You know what if you're tired I can still take Cramby with me—"

"It's fine Mitaka don't ruin your date." She shook her head. "I live with so many cats anyways so one more is nothing."

"Right.." she sighed, relieved to not be a burden. "I see Coquette is back." She smiled seeing the cat laying on the floor, probably sleeping.

"Oh, yeah I should move her from here." She awkwardly chuckled. "Well we'll see you later." She took Crambon in her arms before closing the door.

« I should've asked her if my outfit was fine.. » she suddenly shook her head while taking a breath. « It's no big deal, it's not like I wanted to look specifically good. Not for some guy. Not for him. What kind of girl would do that? I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine. I dressed like usual. » she tried to convince herself while checking her outfit again and again. She went for a white long sleeved shirt, with the sleeves being black, with that a long skirt in denim and her black boots. Her moon shaped golden necklace that her mother offered her once around her neck. She had her hair tied in two low ponytails like usual and a backpack on. « It's gonna be fine! » she encouraged herself.

Denji was sitting on the floor in front of the school gates, waiting for her. She had told him not to be late so he came 15 minutes earlier, but now she was 2 minutes late. Denji simply wore a blue baggy jean with a white shirt and a pair of old shoes his best friend offered him long ago, his hair messy like usual as he was drawing invisible forms on the floor while waiting for her. It was not his first date, far from it but he was curious to see how a date with Asa Mitaka could go, she was pretty cute after all. She seemed a relatively calm person which is his total opposite so he didn't really know what activities to expect for their date.

"I did not expect you to actually be on time." He heard. Denji slowly raised his head, analyzing her outfit in the process until his eyes reached her face. He had that stupid « lost » expression that she hated.

"You're late, and I've been here for 15 minutes. The date better be good." He pointed at her with his index before standing up from his crouching position, shoving his hands in his front pockets.

"It will be if we stick to the plan." She confidently smiled. « The plan? » he thought, but was quick to brush it off.

"You look cute by the way." He scrubbed his cheek, complimenting her outfit. They have known each other for only a week, and it was his first time seeing her without her school uniform. With his remark Asa started violently blushing as her lips parted.

"R—really, you think?" She slammed her hand on her mouth, noticing yet another stutter in his presence. « It's his fault for just saying stuff like that out of nowhere! »

"Uh, yeah I do.. or I wouldn't have said it?" He raised an eyebrow confused.

"Right." She cleared her throat before playing with her fingers « am I supposed to compliment him as well?? » "Um you're—"

"Where are we going anyway, I'm starting to get hungry." He yawned, taking a step closer to her. She closed her lips deciding it was best if she kept her opinion to herself.

"Follow me." She told him with a head sign as she led the walk.

Denji tilted his head when he saw her walking to the half-opened gates. It's true that he had seen students entering and leaving the school but were they allowed to? And what were they gonna do inside anyways?