07 • "Fine"

Thursday, October 16th

It felt like they had been friends for years. It has been just two days though, but Asa knew she had never felt this close to someone for a long time. Yuko was like the first real friend she ever made.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?" Yuko asked. The two were sitting down on the rooftop, having the time of their lives while sharing their food.

"Argh, I don't even want to mention it.." Asa sighed as goosebumps crossed her body. She was so embarrassed at the mere memory, Yuko could feel it.

"It can't be more embarrassing than mine I promise." She chuckled, in hope to reassure her. Asa looked at her hesitant before taking a bite from the tuna mayo rice ball.

"Okay but you don't laugh." She warned her friend, pointing her index at her with a serious look. The latter scoffed before shaking her head.

"I won't." She stated raising both her hands. Asa sighed before staring back at her food.

"It was just a few weeks ago on my first day.. I tripped and fell in front of everyone. It happens to me every time." She shook her head.

"It's not that bad!" She exclaimed. "I wish I had seen it though." She then laughed causing Asa to push her. "Lemme tell you mine! See who'll be the one laughing." She scoffed. "It happened during class as well, after lunch in fact. I was particularly great at the lesson we were studying in class and the teacher asked a question. I was confident because I'm a master in this subject so I raised my hand, but I was so excited, and my stomach was so fucked up after I ate instant noodle for a whole week that I farted. And not like a gentle fart. It was monstrous!"

Asa looked at Yuko, lips parted before biting her lip. "I— I'm sorry I..." she snorted trying to hold back a laugh.

"Go ahead laugh! But girl it was so serious I think I might actually have tore a hole in the ozone layer. This was so nasty I probably boosted pollution too." She added, making it harder and harder for Asa to hold her laugh, she bursted out of laughter as Yuko went on before following her in the euphoria. They laughed for 3 straight minutes, not running out of air.

"Th—that's crazy Yuko...!" Asa sniffed after calming down, her tummy was hurting after laughing for so long. "Oh my god, my laugh box is going to explode.." she scoffed holding her stomach.

"You still watch SpongeBob SquarePants?" Yuko smiled as Asa gulped.

"Um I.."

"Oh my god finally someone who understands me! That cartoon is still funny!" She exclaimed as Asa nodded.

"Right?" She agree as they bumped fists. "But seriously, you just unlocked a new fear for me." She chuckled at the thought. "Thankfully I eat homemade food and make sure to eat healthy." She stated as Yuko shook her head before jokingly punching her shoulder.
The sound of the bell ringing soon interrupted their moment of peace, Asa sighed knowing she would have to go back to her unbearable classmates and experience yet another terrible afternoon. She did not tell Yuko about it of course to not scare her away like it happened before. "Time to go back." Asa sighed standing up as she tapped away the dirt from her skirt. Seeing the pout on her face, Yuko cleared her throat before standing up again.

"Should we skip classes and hang out instead?" She bluntly offered, Asa turned her face looking at her in awe. Firstly not only had she never skipped a class in her life but someone asking her to do so to spend time together? It was a first as well, and she couldn't help but smile.

"It's tempting." She said, "but I'm not comfortable with skipping classes sorry..." she squeezed her lips picking up her bag. Yuko shook her head before tapping her shoulder.