Chapter 2: First Day of School

First Day

"Urg..."

I could feel the sunlight shining on my face and hear the birds chirping outside. Was it morning already?

My eyes opened, revealing myself to be in a room with junk scattered around. This was where I slept. I slowly sat up from my mattress and looked at the clock.

It was 6:45 AM.

I'M LATE!

So I rushed downstairs and took my protein shake from the refrigerator. I chugged it down in one go. Then I went to the bathroom for a quick shower, taking my towel with me. 

I was also brushing my teeth in the shower while using the soap and shampoo to wash myself.

After a quick shower, I swiftly put on some black cargo pants, a shirt, and a jacket. Before taking my bag and walking to the front door. But before I left, I decided to greet my father who was in the living room reading a book.

"Old man, I'm off to school!"

He waved me goodbye with a smile on his face. This man worked overnight shifts and sold most of his things just to pay for my tuition...

I can't afford to be late on the first day.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 6:55 AM. Since I lived in a bad part of town, the walk to MT Ebbot High was very far. There wasn't even public transport here, so I couldn't commute.

School was about to start at 7:00 AM.

Five minutes was all I needed... 

I went to my starting position, before sprinting through the town at high speeds. 

After passing through multiple houses in my neighborhood. I finally reached the city and continued running on the sidewalk.

"Good morning!"

As I was running, I noticed myself next to a car. So I decided to greet the driver with a good morning. But this only freaked him out.

His eyes widened, before he slowly opened his mouth to speak.

"What the fuck!?"

He exclaimed in surprise, but I sped past the car and continued running to school. Sorry, I had to overtake.

I'm almost there. I could see the grand school in the distance. It was on top of the hills! 

I sped up the pace and ran past some trees up the hills. My vision was blocked by a leaf falling on me, so I blew it out of my face.

In the distance, I could see the tall gates of the school.

Gotta hit the brakes!

I stomped my feet on the ground and stopped my acceleration, leaving a trail of smoke behind me.

"Finally... I made it."

I muttered to myself while I wiped some sweat off my forehead.

Moments later, I found myself in front of the school's grand entrance. The huge entrance had two tall white pillars with a massive glass door in the center. 

My hand fit perfectly on the door's handle as if it was designed to be opened. It really was a prestigious school... I could also hear the chatter of many students inside.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 6:59 AM.

One minute early, let's go!

As I was celebrating by myself, people gave me weird looks but shrugged it off. Okay, maybe I should stop.