Chapter 3: New Dorms

"So this is our new room..."

After inserting the key into the doorknob, I twisted it and entered our room. I looked for a switch and found one, before turning on the lights.

I put the keys back into my pocket and looked around the place.

In the large room, I saw two king-sized beds, along with a living room and a kitchen. There was also a TV along with a few empty shelves.

There was a balcony too. I could see the city from here. The view was beautiful.

No more sleeping on a shitty mattress... I could finally sleep on an actual bed.

I collapsed on the bed, feeling the soft covers, which felt nice and warm on my skin. This felt so comforting.

So comfy...

"You're quite lively today."

Ren said to me. He was brewing coffee and baking pastries in the kitchen while I was having fun in the living room.

Well, it was true that I was excited about something as simple as a dorm room. I've lived in a crappy house for most of my years. So this place was like a luxury condo to me.

I could feel the warmth of my bed. This is so nice...

After a brief introduction to the school's rules, grading systems, and future events. Mettaton was responsible for assigning dorms and roommates.

By a stroke of luck, Ren and I were assigned roommates.

I rolled around the bed, clearly comfortable.

"Hey, we're going out to get some supplies later. So don't fall asleep."

"Kay'."

After hearing Renzel speak, I continued lying down on the bed while staring at the ceiling. I already loved this place.

I sat up and took the remote before switching on the TV.

"On today's sho-"

Using the remote, I started switching through the channels. I've skipped through cooking shows, game shows, and other boring stuff.

But then I stumbled across the news channel. Looking at it, I saw a girl with shoulder-length brown hair wearing a black suit, along with a skirt.

She's kinda cute.

Wasn't she kind of familiar? Her eyes were closed as she was speaking to some journalists who had their microphones right in front of her face. Was she a celebrity or something?

I looked at the TV some more and realized that it was a press conference. But what was it about?

"Frisk, what do you think about MT Ebbot High?"

Looking at the bottom, I saw a reporter pointing his microphone at her face. He was waiting for a response.

"I think it's quite lovely."

She gave a basic response, but the reporters were somehow interested in her words.

What the heck? She could read a boring dictionary out loud and people would still flock over to her like hungry birds.

Hmm, maybe it's about not the speech but instead, they're more interested in the person speaking.

Must be some kind of big shot.

"Hey, Ren. Who is this girl?"

I pointed at the TV and looked at Ren. He glanced at the TV before looking back at me with a raised eyebrow.