T E N

Brooklyn's POV

It was Monday, my first day back since the incident. I was nervous, the story has been all on the news, so I knew all eyes would be on me. I love being the center of attention, but not like this. When I woke up Lorenzo was gone, but he texted me telling me that he would see me in class. He has really been the best support possible. I went in Skylar's room to wake here up forgetting she wasn't there anymore, I can't lie I broke down. After my breakdown, I got up and just threw on some tights and a crop tee, I didn't feel like getting dressed. Adriana stayed with one of her sneaky links last night, she said she couldn't be in the house. My child died, and she couldn't stay here.

I made my way into my first class, and as I expected everyone looked up when I entered the room. I just walked to my seat and sat down. Zo was there waiting for me. "Hey shorty, you good" He asked concerned. I nodded and focused on the professor. I knew the semester was about to become a thousand times harder.

Dallas' POV

*3 days later*

I keep trying to call my Brook and Jack, but they won't answer the phone. Austin and my parents don't know what happened, so they were still talking to me. I like to keep them out of business because I didn't like the unwanted opinions. I know I shouldn't have got Brook involved, but in my mind, I was doing the right thing. I wanted her to hurt him the same way he hurt her, but maybe I was wrong going about it that way. I pulled out my phone to see a call from a New York number, I knew it had to be Zo. "Yoo, I need to talk to you" He said before hanging up. I don't need a lecture from a nigga that's just tryna get in the sister pants, but I'll talk to him.

I pushed up to his crib, only to see Brooklyn's car parked outside. What was she doing here? I know he was about to have me ambush her. I proceeded to his spot and knocked on the door. He opened it and told me to come in. "She's in the room, I know y'all haven't talked, but y'all need to" He said pointing to his room. I entered the room, and she looked up. My baby sister looked so stressed, I felt horrible. "Hey Brook" I spoke softly sitting beside her. She didn't say anything. "Brook please talk to me, I'm sorry" I pleaded. She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes. "Don't cry Brook, I'm sorry, I should've never got you involved. I didn't mean to" I continued. She opened her mouth to talk, "I keep having nightmares, that moment replaying in my head over and over. I can still smell the room." "Broo-" "Let me finish. I don't blame you. You wanted to get back at him for me. But I'm not you Dallas. I don't get rid of everyone that does something to me. I feel like you ambushed me and played off of my vulnerable state. But that's you Dallas, you want to protect us from the world. I'm not mad at you, and at the end of the day I decided to pull that trigger. Nobody made me, I wanted to. But please don't put me in a situation like that again" She finished. "I won't, I promise Brook. I love you sis." "I love you too Dallas" She said before turning over to lay down.

I was heading out the door, but I stopped. "Preciate it bruh." "No problem, y'all siblings at the end of the day. Y'all gotta have each other back" Zo said. I left out the door feeling better than I did. One sibling down, one to go.