Waiting

"And what do you think your doing?" Aurora asked as she narrowed her eyes at him and slowly backed away.

"So, uh, in the nicest way possible we need—" Aurora cuts him off.

"No," Aurora looks around and notices Hunter and Tech are missing. "Wait? Where are—"

She stops herself as someone grabs her from behind. She slightly looked over her should and saw it was Hunter. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pushed her to the ground. He kept her face and the ground so she couldn't move.

"I'm sorry, but this is for the best." Hunter says as he slightly loosens his grip.

"Get off of me and let me go!" Aurora said furiously. He didn't move.

In the corner of her eye she saw her dagger attached to his armor and grabbed it. Before he could even stop her she stabbed it into his arm.

"Hunta!" Omega said worriedly.

He winced in pain then looked up at Tech.

"Tech now!" Hunter shouts.

"Right," Tech crouches down beside Aurora and Hunter and moves her hair out of the way. "This should only hurt for a minute before you most likely knock out."

"Get that away from me—"Aurora stops herself as the needle gets injected into her neck then after a second he takes it out.

She starts breathing hard.

"How do you feel?" Tech asked.

"W-what did y-you inject into me." Aurora mumbles her words. She tried pushing her body up but Hunter wouldn't let her.

Tech didn't answer but stayed quiet. Everyone was quiet.

Aurora felt her eyelids become extremely heavy and couldn't handle it anymore. She just quit, she didn't have any energy left in her. Her arms collapsed on her and she laid on the ground unconscious.

After a second Hunter stood up then went one on knee beside her.

"Hunta! Your arm." Omega said as she pointed at it. It was beginning to bleed bad.

"I'm ok, Kid. You don't gotta worry about me." Hunter says then she looks down at Aurora.

"Is she really knocked out?" Omega asked.

"That's a definitely. I'm surprised she lasted that long." Phee says as the rest of the batch walk over to them.

Hunter looks up at Wrecker.

"Good distraction, Wrecker." Hunter said and he nodded.

"We better get you checked up." Tech says looking at Hunter.

"No, Aurora first." Hunter says.

"Tech and AZI can work on Aurora while I work on you Hunter. I'm not as good as Tech but I do know how to help you. All I need is a medic mix." Echo says. Hunter looks down at Aurora then looks at his arm.

"Fine," Hunter unwillingly agreed. "Wrecker, grab Aurora and put her on the bed while Echo works on my arm. After I'll come and check on her."

They nod and go there separate ways.

————After Echo's done with Hunter's arm————

"Hunter, I'll help you heal faster." Echo says as he gestures to the shoulder sling.

"No Echo. I'm fine, really. If we get into a blaster fight, I'll become a liability and I can't have that happen. You're all relying on me." Hunter says and Echo slightly nods in an understanding way.

"Fine, I get it. You can go." Echo says and Hunter nods then walks into the other room which has Aurora and the rest of the batch in.

"How's she doing?" Hunter asked as he walked up to her.

"Do you seriously want me to answer that?" Tech spat angrily.

Omega walks up to Hunter and whispers to him.

"He's been stressing. He's worried about her," Omega looks back at her. "I'm worried too."

Hunter stayed quiet and stared at her facial expressions. She seemed in pain. She was breathing bad and sweating uncontrollably.

Without Hunter thinking he turned to Phee furiously.

"You said this was going to help her!" Hunter shouts.

"I did, and I stand by that. I also told you it's gonna take time. So we wait. She'll be fine." Phee says and Tech lets out a frustrated sigh.

"I'm trying AZI. Your not helping right now." Tech says angrily.

"Oh, my apologies, CT-9902. What would you like for me too do?" AZI asked.

"Just give me some space." Tech said then grabbed his datapad.

"Sure thing." AZI says then floats backwards.

"You alright bro? You know you can take a break if you need one." Wrecker said and Tech stopped typing on his datapad to look up at him.

"No, anything could happen in the span of that time. I can't risk it. Her life is in my hands. I injected the shot into her which means if she dies it's my fault." Tech says and everyone stays silent.

"Come down. She's gonna be fine. She's stronger then this." Crosshair says with crossed arms.

"Does she look okay?!" Tech spat. Crosshair gave him a glare.

"I'm trying." Tech says then looks back down at her then looks at Omega's worry expression all over her face. He runs a hand across his face.

"I got this." Tech mostly to himself. "I'll figure it out. AZI get over here."

"Im here. What would you like me to do?" AZI says as he slightly floats towards him. 

"Lift up her head then move it slightly to the right." Tech says as he grabs another shot and AZI does as he was told.

"What's that for?" Omega asked.

"This should help with the pain." Tech says as he injects it into her temple. She winced in pain and Hunter clenched his fist. After a second her facial expression slowly drops into no emotion.

"Is she ok now?" Omega asked another question.

"I believe so." Tech said.

"What do we do now?" Echo asked from behind the squad.

"We wait." Hunter says then drags a chair beside the bed.

"Agreed. We wait." Tech says then looks back down on his datapad.

"How long should she be like this?" Omega asked.

"Probably only a day or two," Phee says casually. "But it depends how strong his hold had on her."

Omega lowered her gaze towards the ground trying her best to keep the tears in.

"Hey," Hunter says getting her attention and she looks up at him. "She'll be ok. It's like Crosshair said, she's strong, she can handle this. I know she can. Right, Tech?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes, indeed. Your correct. I believe so." Tech says and everyone gives him a worried expression.

                                  (1082 words)