Chapter 0: Awaken, Good Hunter

[???]

Darkness...

"Good, all signed and sealed."

Nothing but darkness is all Maria sees as she lies on the cold metal table.

"Now let's begin the transfusion." The S̶̩͓̘̑̏̎̀̓͊̚ȩ̸̥̻̫̭͕͛͗̃̂̀͊͠͝ṟ̸͓͙̦̰̂̀̀̏̒́̀̋̕͜͝ą̷̘͙̜̒̉͒̐̀̆̄̚p̵̩̘̠̍̾͐̿́͗͠͠h̷͉̞̞̝̤͓́̒̎̐̎̚̕ĭ̶̠͌̑m̸̞͗̌͂̐̏ chuckles. "Oh, don't you worry..."

Incapable of moving her body, she can only lay there helpless to the bloodthirsty beast reaching out toward her

Incapable of moving her body, she can only lay there helpless to the bloodthirsty beast reaching out toward her. Claws outstretched, an inch from her face...

"Whatever happens... You may think of it all as a bad dream."

Until it reels its hand back, a sudden fire scorching it and encompassing the beast's entire body.

Flailing about, the beast falls dead at the foot of her bed. And crawling from the ashes shortly thereafter, is an array of small grotesque creatures.

Though incredibly ugly, Maria finds these beings

Though incredibly ugly, Maria finds these beings... somehow cute.

These creatures take their place on her body, crawling onto her like newborn babies. And though they're incapable of complex speech, Maria understood them quite clearly.

That to them, she is their new mother, and they are her children. Her eternal servants, they'll obey her until the end of nights.

...

...

...

"Hehehe... Well done, Maria." 

ᛝ𒉭ᛦ

[Heaven]

[God's Throne Room]

Kneeling down on one knee, Maria stands before a throne elevated by small sets of stairs.

Dimly lit only by flame hanging off the walls, the room is barely illuminated. But she can see clear as day, to the man sitting cross legged on the large ornate throne parallel to her.