Chapter 4: The Other Side of Paradise

In Heaven, there is only peace and prosperity for all its denizens.

There is no crime or violence, only peace. No debt or money problems, everything is free for their benefit. And most importantly, there exists no hardship, nothing to trouble its Angels.

Heaven truly is a paradise.

...

[Heaven]

[Halo City]

On the outskirts of Halo City, many miles away from its central highrises lies the surrounding suburbs that house many of Heaven's residents.

Located away from the capital of Heaven, it provides Angels a means to live away from the city and enjoy a much quieter setting.

One of these houses is owned by the Exorcist Lute. It's also where the three Angels went after the all out fight in the concert stadium only hours ago.

Appearing outside of a simple one story house, an Archangel and two Exorcists rise out of the mist. Slung over her shoulder, an unconscious Adam hangs limp as Lute climbs the steps to her front door.

"Sorry about the mess, my Lady." Lute says in advance, fishing out her keys from her pocket. "I wasn't expecting... guests."

"Hm?" Maria hums, gazing upon the empty green lawn and front porch. "Please, Lute. I would never be one to judge you."

In response, Lute sweat drops. Appearing skeptical, not truly believing her as she hesitantly opens the front door.

"Just... don't act surprised."

Walking inside, the three enter the main living room of the house. Where Lute continues to carry Adam down a hall of connecting rooms, lying him down in the guest bedroom while Maria resumes her journey around the house.

Exploring the Exorcist's house, Maria strolls around the living room.

Inside is a large couch positioned in the center, with a basic coffee table in front of it. Those two being the only furniture in the main room, but decorating all around it are multiple pictures and mementos of what could only be assumed is about Lute and Adam...

Some display them in Exorcist armor, posed with weapons. Around them is other Exorcist Angels, enjoying the comradery of their comrades. Or the slain bodies of demons on their sporting Exterminations, proud of their work.

Others show their time around different locations in Heaven, from shopping malls and attractions in Halo City to the more isolated areas enjoying Heaven's rich nature like its beaches and mountainous regions.

But all of them tell one thing... Adam and Lute share a close bond, one of family.

Picking up one of the many photos, Maria inspects a frame of the two Angels without their masks and wearing normal clothes for once...

Lute wears white denim overalls over a dark long sleeve, with a baseball cap over her short cut hair. Her captured smile is bright in this one, so genuine and happy.

And Adam, oddly for him, is actually out of his golden robes for once. In this picture, he's in all black rock leather. A punk vest over a faded band shirt and ripped jeans tucked into biker boots.

All in all, the First Man looks like your average eccentric punk rock teenager. He also shares a similar smile as Lute, albeit not with the same intensity but still pleased to be there.

From the background, Maria is surprised to see the two on Earth. Both Angels are disguised, hiding their halos and wings, while all around them is humans packing into a sports coliseum.