Chapter 6: Winners or Sinners?

(Rewrite 20240326)

Two Days since this year's Extermination... Almost halfway there till the fateful meeting with Hell...

Maria is running on borrowed time now... But at the very least, she narrowed down the root of their problem...

...

[Heaven]

[Halo City | Exorcist Headquarters]

Arriving through her [Hunter's Fog], Maria teleports Lute and Adam to the front of a large capital building.

Unlike the rest of Halo City around it, this building does not share the same characteristics as the golden and colorful highrises nearby. Instead, it's painted gray, mirroring the color palette of it's inhabiting Exorcist Army.

Almost like a human courthouse, with those iconic pillars and steps at its front. Maria finds it amusing that such a building is used by these Angelic exterminators. She supposed killing sinners is believed to be nothing if not divine justice.

"Jeez," Lute sighs, coming out of the mist, clad in her Exorcist armor. "I'm still not used to your technique, my Lady."

"Tell me about it," Adam chimes in, wearing his LED mask and robes like usual. "Why couldn't we have just flown here?"

"Teleportation, especially like I have it, is a rare commodity." Maria simply smiles, her embroidered cap and garbs drawing the attention of those passing by. But since she's with Lute and Adam, not all eyes will be on her, thankfully.

"It's better you get used to it. It'll be beneficial for us all."

Climbing the steps toward the front entrance, the three Angels pass by fellow members of Adam's army, other Exorcists. Who watch them, mainly the Archangel, as they ascend higher and higher.

"With it being the start of a new year," Lute explains as they enter inside. "The headquarters should be empty."

True to her word, Maria takes notice of the lack of Exorcists in the building. Only a few lone Angels here and there, make up the inhabitants.

Good, because they can proceed with minimal obstacles as Maria follows Lute and Adam down a flight of stairs, arriving at a huge chained door.

"This is our armory," Adam says, bringing his hands together, harnessing his divine power to reveal a multitude of sigils covering the door. "And since I'm the only Angel with access to holy magic, only I can unlock it."

The sigils glow brighter and brighter until they're snuffed out. Allowing for the many chains locking the armory to fall apart, and its door swings open.

"Inside are the many weapons we Exorcists use," Lute showcases, wearing a smile as she's eager to give Maria a tour of their armory. "From blades to axes and maces, we have everything in regards to close melee."

Lute explains each and every weapon lining the walls, while Maria closely follows her. The Huntress listens to every word, and the Exorcist joyful to introduce her to a world as an Exorcist.

Adam smiles at this, going off to find the logistics report somewhere else in the armory, and leaving the two Angels alone together.

"And this is one here," Lute takes a golden sword off the wall, putting it before Maria. "Is my personal favorite."

Glistening in the room's light, it's a sword engraved similar to Maria's own weapons.

She finds it unique in this regard. Making it stand apart from other swords of this nature.