Lost Memories

Max and Charles have been friends since they were kids, even though on the track they showed that they hated each other but that was all an act, Max advanced quicker in the motorsport than Charles. Max's racing career was odd he had skipped F4, gone to F3, once max had won 3 championships there at the age of 17 Max was the youngest F1 driver, Max drove for Torro Rosso, meanwhile Charles was only just finished his time in F3 and was now in F2.

2015 Monaco GP everything was going good for Max until he had clipped the back of Romain's car which caused him to go into the barrier's, everything for Max felt like time had stopped, his race engineer was trying to contact him but he was out cold, when the marshals got to Max and pulled him out of the car everyone was worried because he was limp,

Max was in the hospital and they had to put him into a coma for his body to heal, everyone was worried, Romain was apologizing over and over Max's mom said it wasn't his fault his dad on the other hand had yelled at Romain saying it was his fault. when Charles heard what had happened he rushed over to the hospital, when he saw Sophie he goes over to her, "how is he." "they had to put him into a coma for his body to heal properly he hit the back of Romain's car and then went flying into the wall."

"everything will be ok he is a strong and stubborn person he will make it I know he will." Sophie laugh's at what Charles said knowing well her self Max would be ok. a few days had gone by and Charles had never left Max's side, until he was called saying it was time to fly out to his net race, Charles had left to go to his next race, Max still hadn't woken up.

a few day's turned into 3 month's and it was coming up to the 4th month of Max not wakening up and everyone was starting to lose hope until he had moved his hand, "Max." Max open's his eye's and look's around the room and seen his mom, "what happened." "u had a big crash and u were knocked out cold." "how long was I out." "3 month's almost 4." Max sits up and groan's, "I don't remember much what do u mean I went into the barrier's." Sophie was shocked, "Max u are a Formula one driver." "no I am not." "yes son u are." "I am an F3 driver." "no honey ur not u graduated F3 ages ago."

"but weren't we just in Monza for the F3 race there." "no we were in Silverstone before here in Monaco." "oh ok." Max was cleared to go home and was told not to do anything for 3 weeks only light training for now until after 3 weeks. Max hated how he couldn't do anything but at the same time he loved being at home with his mom, a ringtone starts to play and Max's look's at his phone, he answers it, "hello." "omg Max how are u, are u ok." "um who is this." "it's Charles ur best friend." "who." "Charles Leclerc your best friend since Karting." "I don't have a best friend."

after Charles heard what Max said he almost dropped his phone, Max was looking at his phone confused, Sophie walks into the livingroom and takes Max's phone, "leave this to me ok." "ok thanx mom." Max went back to his game of FIFA, Sophie walks from the living room into the kitchen, "Charles." "yes." "as u figured out Max doesn't remember you." "yea what happened." "he lost his memories he still thinks he drives in F3."

"oh." "yea so I am trying slowly to bring his memories back by showing him pictures of everything and I have yet to show him ur photo's." "ah ok." "but the thing is the only photo I have is broken." "what do u mean broken." "it had been ripped down the middle Max's has ur picture and on the back it says Max & best, forever." "ah that picture, Max ripped that photo I have his one and is says the other half of the message," "oh ok." "my race has just finished and I am on my way home now anyway so should I come over."

"if u can that would be grate I will show him this pice of the photo now so once u get here u can show the other half." "ok not long until I arrive in Nice anyway." "ok see u in a bit." "bye." Charles ends the call, Sophie grabs the photo and takes it to Max, "Max this photo is special to u so be careful with it ok." "ok mom but why are u giving it to me for." "because u need to look at it since it's ur best friend." "ok." Sophie hands Max the photo and he just stares at it with a blank look on his face.

it had been year's Max had gotten all but one memories back, Max was now driving for Red Bull, it was 2023 season and everything was going good for Red Bull, Max was currently just chilling out in his driver's room when there was a knock on the door, "come in." Christian walks in, "ok what is up with u." "what do u mean." "well on the podium last week and 2 weeks ago u gave Charles a weird look and have been ignoring him, I thought the both of u were best friends."

"we were never best friends why do people always say that." then it clicked, "give me a second ill be back." "sure." Christian left the Red Bull hospitality and went to the back of the hospitality and went next door to Ferrari knowing the Media can't see into the back area, Christian walks in and went to Fred's office, "what bring u here."

"so I only just figured out why Max has been acting weird around Charles before you say anything yes I am slow but I thought Max was doing it for the media." "don't worry Mattia only just noticed him self because I just finished on the phone with him." "so what do we do." "I don't know Carlos has been trying to cheer Charles up because he has been out of it unless he is in the car."

"do we have any photo's of them from back then we can give to max." "yes we should have some but the rest will be in ur side." Christian nods, "ok get them and hand them to Charles and tell him to come to Max's driver's room in 5." Fred nods,

5 minutes later Charles had just entered the Red Bull hospitality from the back entrance and made his way to Max's driver's room, he knocks on the door, "may I come in." "Max nods." "I was told to come here and hand u these photo's." "huh Christian just gave me some photo's him self what is going on." "I don't know." "I know we don't speak and all that but do u mind staying with me I just feel lonely." "sure I am more than happy to stay." Charles hands Max the photo's and sit's down next to him. Max look's at the photo's and tilts his head.

after 2 hours of looking at the photo's Max look's at Charles, and his eye's go glossy, "Charlie." "that's me." Max moves closer to Charles and hugs him crying Charles pats his back to help him to calm down, "how do I only remember u know." "I don't know but it doesn't matter, all that matters is that from now on we make new memories and we stick together."

Max look's at Charles and then kisses him, Charles was shocked but kissed Max back, after the kiss Max just look's at Charles again, "I know it's stupid to say this now but will u be my boyfriend." Charles laugh's and nods, "and here I thought u would never ask." Max laugh's and gently hits Charles, "I am just happy to have the last memories back now I am whole again and thanx you for waiting for me." "I will wait for u no matter how many years as long as I stay by ur side."

The End