chapter one: who are you?

"i love you anne, forever and always"
stop.
the memories keep coming in.
i wish a man would treat me right.
the cheap thoughts come to an end once i hear my mothers voice echo around the room.
"anne! the taxi is here! come down."
oh my.
i forgot today was the day. the day i would leave my family for 4 months to persue the dream i have always had. to play professional volleyball at my dream university, university of michigan.
i sluggishly step out of my bed. i take a good look around to see if i forgot anything.
the memories are coming back.
" i wish you fucking die in hell you slut" aaron said with a slight slur in his voice.
i feel tears come up my eyes.
what the hell is wrong with me. it happened 6 months ago.
i wipe the existing tears off my face. i should be happy, right?
it's a new start, but a good one.
i exit my room, walking down the narrow hall that leads to the front door.
i walk to the door, putting on my shoes.
wow. this is the last.
"hey annie! have a good day ok? you know i will miss you," i hear my 10 year old brother, dylan say.
i look up from my shoes and see him. i get up and ingulf him in a hug.
"you know i will miss you too ok? i will call you anytime i can. that's why i gave you my old phone, ok?"
"ok!" he replies.
i escape the hug and kiss him on the forehead.
i hear my parents yell my name from outside.
its time.
time to leave everyone i love in st. paul, minnesota.
i exit the house, looking back.
walking to the car was the hardest, every step i took made me father away from my home, from my friends, from everyone.
i step into the taxi, the kind man driving me to the airport was quietly putting my suitcases and carry-ons in the trunk.
"all set," my mom said. she slowly started walking to the open door.
"i love you baby, call me and your father as much as you can, understand?"
"yes mama, i will," i say, bringing my mom into a kiss on the cheek.
my father does the same.
i close the door and the taxi driver starts up the car.
i buckle my seatbelt. i look out at the window, seeing my family waving their hands.
i put in my airpods and the song "pyramids" my frank ocean starts playing.
frank has always been my favourite artist, but it reminds me of a certain someone, aaron.
i was so in love. i wish i could find someone that would love my like that.
my playlist decides to start playing all the songs we would listen to together.
frank ocean, lana del rey, the weeknd, brent faiyaz, montell fish, the list goes on.
i'm in a days until i feel the car stop.
"we are here, i can help you get your stuff out the trunk," i hear the taxi driver said to me.
i hop out of the car, and turn around towards the trunk and grab my stuff the taxi guy hands me.
i walk into the airport doors, thanking the taxi driver for the drive.
the chaos begins, seeing crying kids and long lines.
my flight to michigan is in 5 hours, but i knew that this would happen.
i walk to the check-in counter, and i give my information to the kind lady infront of me.
after that long line, i walk to the baggage check.
after waiting in another long line, i hand my bag on the conveyer belt.
fortunately, my bag was way under the limit.
after getting it checked, i walked to the security checkpoint and i took out all my items in my pockets and in my carry-on.
i walk over to the other side and collect my things.
i walk to the other security checkpoints and i safely walk to my gate.
on the way i stop off at starbucks and get myself a vanilla bean latte.
i hear my gate boarding so i head off to my gate.
the amount of people i see that are my age-looking was wild.
i hand my passport to the man infront of me, handing back my passport and letting my board the plane.
i walk into the tunnel that leads me to the actual plane.
being greeted my the pilot and co-pilot, i walked to my seat, 25B.
thank my mother for getting the window seat because i would be upset if she didn't.
i take a seat and put my carry-on in my lap. i wait for a signal that the plane is about to take off.
in the meantime, i text my mom saying that i got safely on the plane and it's about to take off.
i hear the the flight attendant say on the intercom that the plane is boarding and some safety tips.
once i feel the plane take off, i put in my airpods and listen to a playlist that wouldn't remind me of such a difficult time.
"p power" by gunna and drake plays in my ears.
finally something that isn't going to make me cry.
the flight was 2 hours long, and the entire time i listened to music.
i hear the flight attendant say that the plane had landed and we can start gathering our things.
i walk out of the isle im in and join the line to get out.
i walk out that plane as a new women, and i feel like a different person.
walking to the baggage claim wasn't long, and same with claiming my baggage.
i drag out my large suitcase out the airport doors and call a taxi.
the taxi driver grabs my suitcase and puts its in the trunk.
"where would you like to go ma'am?" the taxi driver said to me.
"university of michigan," i say and the taxi driver starts driving.
this time, i don't listen to music, i just look outside at my new home.
a long 40 minute drive took us to my new home.
i step out of the car and get handed my suitcase.
"thank you sir," i say to the kind man that drove me.
i walk towards the doors and see a bunch of kids heading the same way.
i get to the front desk, and tell the woman infront of me my name and my grade.
"here you go miss.. meyer. your room key and your schedule," she told me.
i grab the things out of her hand and walk my room.
i insert the room key and see a tall boy in the room, unpacking his things.
"hi," i say, loud enough for him to hear.
the boy turns around,
"who are you?" he says.
wow. great introduction.

a/n:
first book! please give me anything i can do to improve my writing or someone you want me to write about!
bye!