chapter three: the party: part one

anne walked into the washroom with her party fit on. it was a black, sparkly, dress that went down to her ankles.

opening up her bag, she pulled put her foundation and beauty blender and got to work, covering her blemishes and scars.

once she finished, she walked out the door to see mark on his phone, sitting on the couch in a black suit and tie.

"hey, im ready," anne said the mark and he looked up at her, admiring her from up to down and making her blush.

"stop staring, would you?" she said and he stopped.

" sorry," mark said as he got up from the couch. he walked to the door, putting on his shoes and waited for anne to do the same. he opened the door for her and they both went there separate ways.

"hey, are you sure you dont need a drive?" mark asked the girl. she turned around, suprised at his question. was he making her drive with him? she doesnt know.

"no, i can just get an uber," she replied back and continued walking.

in a split second, mark grabbed her hand and turned her around to face him.

"don't be so shy, just come with me. its okay," he said. the softness in his voice made anne feel like she was at home. she was in a loss of words and nodded.

walking to the car, his hand was still holding hers, making both blush.

once they got to the car, mark opened the door for her and she got in. he got in on the other side and started to drive to the party.

anne felt like she was getting the princess treatment. he was kind to her, funny, and welcoming. this has been a heck of a day, and for her it going to get even worse. last time she got drunk, she trauma dumped her friend, and she dumped her.

ever since then, she promised herself to not get drunk with anyone.

once they got to the party, it was packed with college kids that she doesn't know.

walking in, she had to push a few people out the way until she noticed someone she knew.

mark.

god, she thought he was perfect. his hair is fluffy, he's kind, and he plays hockey. and he's gorgeous. not hot, gorgeous.

"hey, are you ok?" a boy asked. i  turned my head to notice a tall boy standing next to her.

"hi, yeah sorry," she replied, looking down in embarrassment.

"no worries. i'm nick. nick moldenhauer," he said. he was wearing and grey suit, and his hair was flopping down to his ears.

"do you wanna get a drink?" i ask to break the silence. he   nods and smiles. i barely know this guy and he's already getting a drink with me. wow, moving very slow anne.

he leads the way and i follow, but i get caught in the crowd and quickly grab his hand. he turns around and smiles, continuing to walk to the bar upfront.

we sit down near the front, still holding hands. i break apart once i ask for my drink. i asked for a beer and so did he.

i noticed that we had a lot in common once we started talking. he played hockey, likes to watch sports, funny, and loves prank his teammates.

i thought that was cute, he was cute, and he didn't say a single rude think about my appearance or what i liked.
i thought that was nice, finally someone who doesn't judge.

"your gorgeous by the way," he said. my heart stopped. i have only known him for an hour, and he's already getting to the point.

"really?" i reply back.

"really," he said and smiled. his smile is beautiful. just him smiling made me do the same.

i took the last sip of my drink, and so did he. he got up and turned to me.

"do you want to dance?" he asked. shocked, i nodded and grabbed his hand. we walked to the dance floor and he put his hands on my waist, and i put my hands around his neck.

just looking at him made me blush, but the more the music went on, the closer we move towards each other. now, we were only inches apart, and i could feel him staring at my lips. he smiles once i look at him in the eye, and it makes me fold. i couldn't do it anymore.

i pushed myself towards him, making our lips touch. it was perfect. it was like our lips were the puzzle pieces for each other. i could feel his hand moving lower down my leg as i move my hands onto his face.

we parted for a second to breathe, but continued afterward.

it was the best night of my life.