chapter two: 11:00pm sharp

wow. great introduction.

"oh," i said still confused about what he said.

"oh im sorry, im mark. you?" he said, stoping the thing he was doing.

"i'm anne-marie, but you can call anne," i say, talking a step closer to my new bed.

"that's a pretty name," he says, a small smile growing on his face. i smile. wow, maybe leaving my family wasn't so bad at all. i set my suitcase on the floor.

"so," he says. i can tell he's trying to start up a conversation. "why are you here? like- what do you do?"
he finished.

"i got a scholarship here for volleyball, what about you?"
i reply.

"that's cool. i um- im here for hockey. im a sophomore,"
he said. he reminds me of.. aaron. i break into a days, remembering all the disgusting things he did to me. how he hurt me physically and mentally.

"anne, are you ok?" i hear mark say, breaking me out of my stance.

"sorry," i say. god why are the memories coming back so often.

i continue to unpack my things, starting with the shirts and putting them in a drawer that we provided.

"i'm going to my friends dorm. i'll be back soon," he said calmly. i nodded my head and he headed towards the door and exiting it. now i'm all alone, but god i can't stop thinking about

mark.

why was he so kind to me? like we just met. and saying that i had a pretty name made me practically fold.
i plopped on my new bed, looking up at the ceiling.
i hear my phone go off, noticing that it's my friend from home, lacey. she helped me through the entire breakup, and the rape- stop. i can't. i grab my phone to block the thoughts and noticed that she texted me.

lacey poo🤩🤩

hey cutie how was the plane ride
is your roommate cute??????

god lace, but yes
and he's kind

no fuckign waayyyyyyyy
what's his name

mark estapa

ahh
already ship😆😆

bitch
lmao
wait he's at the door
gtggggg

i walk over to the door and i look into the key hole.

"sorry anne i forgot my key, can you open the door," he said calmly.
i open the door a see a unfamiliar face.

"hi," i say quietly.

"hey i'm ethan," he stated. mark leads him into the room while i move out the way.

"so what's your schedule?" ethan asks me.

"well i got a engineering core, ap chem, criminal justice studies, and art history this semester," i say, almost running out of breath.

"your smart wow," mark said, looking at ethan.
i cover the growing blush on my face by looking at my feet.

"so ethan's here because theirs a sophomore only party tonight and we wanted to ask if you wanted to come, so?" mark asked me.

"really?" i ask him. last time i went to a party, never mind.

"yeah, maybe get to know us you know." ethan said.

"ok, what time?" i ask.

"11:00pm sharp," ethan stated.

"ok i'll be there," i said while walking to my bed.

"great. well i haven't met my roomie yet so, see ya," ethan says running out of the room.

there is a awkward silence until mark speaks up,

"so... how are you?"

"i'm good, you?" i reply. the silence is making me want to throw up.

"same. do you have any friends here?" he asks, walking up to his bed frame and leaning on it.

"so, do you have any friends here?" he asks again. i can tell that he's nervous just my the light tapping of his feet.

"nah, so i don't really got anyone to go to this party with," i reply back. he raises his eyebrows before saying,

"well, ethan is going to the party with some random girl, so you can come with me if you want. i'm not forcing you." i says calmly and carefully.

"really!" i say as a smile grows on mine and his faces.

"sure, i have to get to know you since your my roommate for the year." he says.

i smile. how could he be so kind? god, lacey was right, he is hot.