chapter four: the party: part two

sitting on the couch, drunk with nicks arm wrapped around annes shoulder. she felt like she was drifting off to sleep until she heard nicks voice.

"hey, its almost 2, im going to get going," he said calmly and carefully took his arm off around her shoulder and got up.

"no, stay," she said, looking up at him. he laughs.

"heres my number, i'll text you when i get home, ok?" he says, calmly. she smiles.

"ok, bye nick," she said and smiled. her voice was a little slurred, but he smiles and leaves.

she quickly opened her phone to see 20+ texts from lacey.

lacey poo🤩🤩

hey
are you ok
answer me
ANNE.
wait are you drunk
nononono 

stip
im nit drink
i jad the bwst nighy ever

NO
WHO GOT YOU DRUNK
WAS IT MARK
IM GOING TO KILL HIM

no it wadnt mark
it wad nivk
a reall citie

WHERES MARK.
GIVE HIM YOUR PHONE NOW

fibe.

now she had to fine mark. she got up from the couch and squished herself through the people around her until she saw a tall figure infront of her.

"hey anne-" before he can say anything else, she shoved her phone in his hands.

"my friend needs you," she said with a slur in her voice. he raises his eye brows as he texts on her phone.

lacey poo🤩🤩

WHY DID YOU GET HER DRUNK.

i didn't. she was dancing with a guy. it was probably him.
i didnt talk to her the whole night bc i didnt want to bother her. idk what happened.

mhm
should i trust you?

yes
i literally didnt do anything wrong

ok fine.
CALL NOW.
I NEED YOU TO TELL THE TRUTH TO MY FACE.

jeez ok

mark pressed the facetime button on the screen, waiting for lacey to pick up. once he saw her face, the conversation started.

"what the fuck is wrong with you? how could you just leave her be? i hope you know that she is not good in. big crowds!" lacey yelled at mark, talking a big deep breath after.

"i'm sorry! i just met her, i didn't know what to do! besides, she was shy all day, i didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable," he said, looking anne, then back at lacey.

"fine, now i officially trust you. but! you need to take care of her. she is a funny, smart, and beautiful girl," she paused and mark smiled at the beautiful part. she was definitely right about that. "once you get to know her, she's the best person you will ever meet. so, talk to her," lacey finished her sentence.

mark took that sentence personally. maybe she was right, anne is the best person ever. he just needs to stop being so shy.

"ok i will, i'll make her text you when she's hungover. bye lacey," mark said as he waved at the screen. lacey did the same and pressed the hang up button.

now what mark needed to do was take he home. he took her hand and walked her to the car, opening the door for her to get in. once mark was in the car, he drove to their dorm, still holding her hand. once he had gotten to her dorm area, he opened the door for her and walked her to their dorm.

once he opened the door for their dorm, anne ran to the couch, sinking in the leather fabric. mark went to her dresser and grabbed out a comfortable-looking outfit for bed. once he did so, he walked to her and handed her the clothes.

"here are your pyjamas, the washrooms over their," he said calmly. she walked to the washroom, and took a few minutes to get changed. once she got out, he stopped her for a second.

"let's get this makeup off of you, ok?" he said as he guided back to the washroom. he went through the cabinets and found some cotton swabs, wetting it with water and slowly rubbed it against her face.

after a little bit of time doing so, he started to see a purple and blue stain across her face. mark gasped at what he saw.

"who the fuck did this to you?!"