Chapter 6: Sick Day

Just a typical sick chapter, the next two chapters will be taking place during the events of ONE

Airy mumbled as he slowly opened his eyes, the view of the wooden wall of his cabin now becoming more clear. He sat up, rubbing his eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. Stretching his arms, he was about to get up and go towards his table, when he heard the sound of little coughs in his ear.

His eyes snapped open, hearing them once again, turning his head to look over at Glowy, which was where the sounds were coming from. She was up, but she had a tired look on her face, like she had been up for a while. Concerned, Airy got up, walking over to her little bed. "Glowy?", he asked, causing her to look over at him.

"Good morning, Papa...", she said, before coughing a bit more. Airy knelt down, with a worried expression on his face. "Morning to you too, are you okay, honey?", he asked, reaching his hand out and feeling Glowy's forehead. His eyes widened a little when he felt it was hot. "No...I don't feel good, Papa...", she said, frowning. "I...I can't stop coughing...and my tummy hurts a bit...", she whined, placing a hand on her stomach.

"Ah...don't worry, dear...I'll try and see what I can do...", Airy reassured, ruffling her hair before standing up. "Do you want to drink something? How about some water?", he asked, and Glowy nodded. He grabbed a bowl, went out towards the waterfall, and scooped up some water. Coming back in, he handed the bowl to Glowy, who sat up, and carefully took the bowl, trying not to spill it. She gulped the water down, before handing the now empty bowl to her father.

"Alright, you should eat something too, are you hungry, pumpkin?", he asked, before immediately realizing that was probably a stupid question. Glowy nodded, hugging Tini. "Okay honey, Papa will go get some blueberries and strawberries, okay?", he asked. "Stay here, and don't get out of bed.", he instructed, grabbing a basket and walking out of the cabin. He walked to the forest, picking the berries that he found scattered throughout the bushes. He made sure to do it quickly, and as soon as the basket was full, he ran back to the waterfall to quickly wash them, before going back into the cabin. One of these days, he was going to have to build a door so nothing could possibly get it.

Airy placed the basket in front of Glowy, taking out a strawberry and giving it to her. "Here you are, dear..", he said, and Glowy took it, immediately stuffing it into her mouth. She grabbed the basket, now eating more of the berries. Airy chuckled, reaching his hand out a bit. "Take it easy, pumpkin! You don't want to choke..", he warned, and Glowy started eating a bit slower. She then coughed all over the basket, causing Airy to look at it with a bit of disgust. "Well....I can always wash that later....", he sighed, shaking his head.

Later, in the noon, Airy didn't spend much time in the cave, because he was mainly focused on making sure Glowy was okay. She was currently napping, after eating and drinking. He sighed, wishing he had medicine, but he was afraid that some materials he would find out in the forest are poisonous, and he didn't want to risk that. So for now, he just sat there, keeping a close eye on Glowy as she slept.

About an hour later, Glowy woke up, rubbing her eyes. Airy smiled, going over to stroke her hair. "Hey sleepyhead...how you feeling?", he asked. Glowy sniffled a bit, before looking up at him. "A bit better...but my tummy still feels bad..", she said. "Huh...you want some more water?", Airy asked. Glowy nodded, sitting up in her bed. Airy left for a moment to get her some more water, then came back. He handed her the bowl, watching her drink the water carefully. She put the bowl down, but still felt a bit of pain in her stomach. "Papa...", she started, looking down. "What is it, honey?", he asked.

"My tummy still hurts, I want it to stop!", she said, squeezing her eyes shut a little. Airy frowned, placing a hand on her stomach, gently rubbing circles on it. "I heard this can help...", he assured, "I'm really sorry, I wish I had something to give you.." He continued doing this for a few minutes, then lifting his hand up. "Did that help?", he asked. "Y..yeah..", Glowy said, smiling a little. Airy smiled back, standing up. "How about you rest some more? I'll be doing some stuff...then we can eat once again and go to sleep, alright?", he asked. Glowy nodded, lying back down, clutching her doll.

Airy smiled, kissing her forehead before leaving to go do some chores.