Ch. 1 : Stage 1

I barely got any sleep these past few days. The sunlight hitting the stained glass is reflecting directly towards where I was sitting and my head was starting to hurt. The talking overlaid with slow music was starting to get annoying. Everything was so white and felt unreal, I really wish this was a dream.

So many strangers' hands had patted my back today and told me something before they left me alone all over again. I only recognized Sera and Camille because of their voices since I refused to look anyone in the eye on this day.

"Kody would you like to come with us to walk up?" Camille whispered.

I promptly stood up and followed the train of Camille's black dress and Sera's black dress pants. The smell of burnt candles and a mixture of flowers was so overwhelming. The sun was brighter here and the room got quieter when I finally looked forward.

My head was pounding. Sera and Camille had already left and it was my turn to stand in the front of the room. Porcelain white walls and pretty white flowers, all for a boy with beautiful white hair.

I couldn't hold back once I saw his photo. It was a dumb photo of him walking away that Sera took unknowingly since he hated taking pictures of his face. I was walking with him in the photo, but I was cropped out. I silently pleaded and cried, and asked for forgiveness. I had told him everything I wanted him to know; That I needed him and I wish he would come back.

Its so unfair. It was a closed casket. It should have been me. We made plans to live together in a small home when we were older. We talked about funny memories just two months ago. We were supposed to be together. forever.

Sera put her hand on my shoulder and motioned for me to sit down. Before my head dropped back down, I had to look at Lumine's photo one last time knowing my best friend had died. And I whispered,

"Please come back."