𝟖 | 𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚

When I thought things couldn't be any worse than being back with my parents, the universe pulled out a Nicolas card

I thought his chapter had ended the last time I saw him at Aurora's housewarming, but life fucks you up from every angle.

Now, I was sitting in the hospital's cafeteria while I had Aurora on call.

"I can't believe this actually happened." Aurora's voice sounded from the other end of the phone in a half-wheezing laugh. "You were so adamant about not meeting him again, yet here we are."

I roll my eyes before drawing out a heavy sigh. "I thought you were my best friend; I didn't know you picked sides after getting married."

Her laugh slowly dies, leaving a trail of coughing that stops soon. "I am still your best friend." She clears her throat. "But it all seems so unrealistic."

"Tell me about it."

"....and hilarious." She adds before laughing again.

"Yeah, yeah." I say it boringly. "Laugh it up, Madam Ocean. I wonder if Jade's only making you scream out loud that you had to laugh into my misery."

"Fuck, Rach!" Her voice comes in a hurry before the sound of shuffling on her phone. "You were hands-free because I was cooking, and I bet he heard that."

My lips stretch into a teasing grin. "Jade's there; were you guys doing something when I said that?"

"What was that?" This time, it was Jade himself whose voice I heard from the other line.

"Nothing; Rach and I were just messing around." Aurora says, probably answering Jade's previous question.

"Put it on speaker." Jade speaks again.

"Rach?" Aurora calls my name. "Jade's here."

"I know." I hold back a chortle. "Hello, Jerk Grogan. I hope what I said earlier is true."

"Rachel!" Aurora yelled my name while I could hear Jade laughing.

"It's okay, Ocean; she isn't wrong." Jade says. "And yes, Ms. Wang, your dear best friend does scream my name every time when I -"

"Alright, I am not interested in knowing the details." I stop him from going any further because Jade Grogan never hesitates about anything.

A giggle comes from the other side before Jade speaks again. "So, how was your meeting with Nick?"

"Fine, you can laugh as well." I replied.

"I am asking it seriously." He adds. "You guys never had a good start, and now you are in LA back with your parents, for God knows what reason because Aurora would never tell me about it as it's about you, and I respect her for that. But all I know is that you don't like being with your parents."