𝟏𝟖 | 𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭

"Why are we standing in front of the hospital at seven in the freaking morning?"

As much as I wanted to speak with Demi about it, I preferred to remain silent.

Demi and I awoke around five a.m., and I nearly dragged her from the bed to the floor as I grabbed the quilt from her. We took a quick bath, and each ate an apple for breakfast.

Since the moment she woke up, she kept on asking about why we had to be somewhere this early, and all I said was that we were supposed to visit mom today.

It's not that I didn't want to tell her about Nicolas, but I wanted him to be here before I said anything, because if I played my part first, my sister would not leave a moment to embarrass me by teasing me with his name.

He is only a company; there is nothing that can bring us together in a romantic or heartfelt way.

I checked the time on my phone. 7:01 am. "I told you; we need to -"

"Visit mom." She began. "Yes. You told me. Now, care to tell me the actual reason why you needed to sneak out of the house while dad was still sleeping?"

7:03: I swear I am going to kill him today. "Dem," I said, looking at her. "I'll tell you once – "

My speech gets cut short as a steel-black Porsche pulls over in front of us.

When the car comes to a complete stop, Nicolas exits smoothly and elegantly. Buttoned down plain white dress shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows, allowing the skin of his tanned forearms to shine in the sun, and the top four buttons left undone, revealing a clear peak of his built chest, paired with khaki pants and a sunglass covering his face that reflected brightly in the daylight, highlighted by his ruffled hair.

The sight of him made my mouth water, as it would have done for any lady.

Shaking my drooling thoughts about him aside, I glared at him, and by the apologetic look in his eyes, he surely understood that I was mad.

"I am sorry for being late." Nicolas rushes toward me before removing his sunglasses and tucking them into the fabric of his shirt at his chest. "I know I was supposed to be here at seven, and I am really sorry." He adds, looking at me again.

"Two minutes more, and I would have left." I hissed.

He opens his mouth to speak, but Demi speaks first. "You're Nicolas, right? "I saw you at Aurora's wedding." She raises an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

His eyes widen in surprise, and he glances at me with a puzzled expression. "You didn't tell her?"

God, this is awkward. "This was the reason I sneaked out this morning, as you said." I mumbled to Demi.

"This guy." Demi points her finger at him, and Nicolas raises a brow. "You never told me that you two were dating each other."

My eyes widen, and Nicolas's expression matches mine. "What-no!" I bat her pointed finger away, and she tilts her head to the side. "He's.... friend."