Portrait of Us

Ella rolled her eyes at her father's prattle. They are both in an art museum. As usual, her father blabbers about how his drawings fucked up, saying that she should learn how to paint and be recognized because of it, etcetera. It's so annoying. Yes, she loves art, but that doesn't mean she should follow her father and be famous because of it. It's just her hobby anyway. She likes reading books more. But being alone is the best.

"Ella, I told you, if you do what I was saying, you'll be wealthy without my help." The president's words cut when her daughter walked out. But instead of scolding and getting her, he just sighed and shook his head. His bodyguards were about to chase the girl when the president stopped them. "Don't. Just leave her be," he ordered, diverting his gaze back to the painting.

The girl continues walking and plans to go out of the museum. She needs a milk tea to calm her nerves. But before she reached the exit, she bumped into someone. "Oh, sorry," she said. She immediately apologized and resumed walking out to the exit. She didn't even bother glancing back at the person she bumped into.

A bell rang, signaling that someone had gone out of the store in this cafe. The lass was finally refreshed thanks to the milk tea she is currently drinking. She decided to go back to the car when she remembered something. She touched her neck and felt nothing on it. "Oh sh*t, my pendant!" She instantly finished her milk tea before she bolted back to the museum to look for it.

She went back to the places she had walked through and looked around. "Shit shit shit, father will kill me!" she panics and teared up out of being terrified just thinking of the consequences of losing that pendant.

The lass' eyebrows furrowed when she saw a man crouching on the floor like he was staring at the floor. She shook her head and was about to go past the man-like being to continue her search when she noticed what the man-like person was staring at. ON HER PENDANT! She approached the individual.

"Uhm, excuse me?"

"Yes?" the lass blinks, realizing this person is a girl... 'She looks like a boy, though, she thought.

"Uhm, you were staring at my pendant," she flatly said.

The woman blinked in realization. "Oh! I thought it was one of the artworks in this museum," she said, picking up the pendant and handing it to her. "Here you go, miss!"

Their eyes met like there was a spark lit up. Their gazes interlock and every move in the background starts moving slowly. It's like the background was filtered with Gaussian blur, and some sparkly glitters around; it's like the stereos of the museum start playing a love song.

Their heartbeats sync with one another, a swarm of butterflies starts flying around their tummies, and their breathing is slowly being robbed. Ella touched the woman's hand to get her pendant. It's like there's an electric wire that zaps the two. Causing their gaze to subside and their consciousness finally regained

Ella stole her pendant and looked away. "Uhh, thanks for this," she said as her cheeks flushed with red because of the eye interaction.

"No problem," the woman blinked, seeing the painting beside them. Ella noticed that the woman paused as she followed her gaze. Including her, she was starstruck by what she saw.

They were about to say something when the bodyguards for Ella came and dragged her. But the lass didn't blind with their brute strength. "Young miss, we are going home as your father said," they said, but the lass still ain't listening.

"Hey! What's your name?!" Ella hollered at the woman who just stood there and watched them.

"J-Jovionne!" The woman yelled, biting her lips together. "You?!"

Ella smiled and waved, "Michella! Nice to meet you, Jovionne!" as she and the guards vanished in Jovionne's vision.

Jovionne grinned, letting her heart beat rapidly, and a tint of red flushed on her cheeks. She looks upon the painting again, glancing over the woman in armor. Holding the princess at her waist, resting their foreheads against each other, the princess in a back dress yet wearing pants in front is holding on to the knight's neck. Like their love, it still lives in this generation. Jovionne whispered under her breath.

"Till' the next time we meet, my lady Michaela."

Meanwhile, inside the moving car, The president continues blabbering about random things, yet Michella is gazing outside the window. She was daydreaming over the woman she bumped into earlier and did not listen to her father. She heaved an exhalation before mumbling under her breath.

"Till' next time, my knight Jovanni."