1 - 𝘪'𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦

SOPHIA stared into the reflective mirror, nervously playing with her hair as she looked at her dry mascara that smudged underneath her eyes, she sat on her bed with a sad feeling settling in her stomach.

She heard a knock, which she wiped the smudged mascara from her cheeks, "What is it?" Sophia's voice was shaky, she cut herself off to not give away anything.

"We're getting ready to head out, are you ok?" Julieta exclaimed from outside the room.

Worry laced in her voice, upon realising how she sounded, "I-I'm fine, I'll be out in a bit. Don't worry about me." Sophia turned back to her mirror and sighed, brushing her teeth before changing into her sage green attire, a white blouse with black and gold embroidery on the collar and see-through sleeves, a sage green skirt with accents of gold and plain black flats.

Meanwhile, Mirabel was knocking on each of the glowing doors, knocking on a plain door that was Sophia's room.

"Let's go! This is our home, we've got every generation." She knocked on Dolores's and Camilo's doors, "So full of music, a rhythm of its own design," She swung Isabela's door open as she sung, "This is my family, a perfect constellation."

The floor was moving, allowing Luisa to run with weights in her hands, "So many stars and everybody gets to shine."

"Whoa. But let's be clear Abuela runs this show," Mirabel introduced the matriarch of the family, running to her position, "Whoa. She led us here so many years ago." Dolores & Camilo danced at the right, Isabela & Luisa danced on the left, while Julio, Mirabel & Felicia danced in the middle.

"And every year our family blessings grow," Felicia makes the teapot levitate, pouring it into each of the cups skilfully before pouring a cup for herself.

Julio used his gift to create two ice cubes to put in his coffee, as he took a sip of it and hummed delight. Like he usually did.

Sophia peppered kisses on both of her children's cheeks, hugging them both to her as she let them go to do their part in the family, while Julio got an extra kiss before they were sent back.

"There's just a lot you simply got to know, so, welcome to the family madrigal," Mirabel sung, "The home of the family madrigal. We're on our way!"

Isabela, Antonio, Dolores, Julieta, Agustín, and Felicia walked out in one line while Abuela, Luisa, Camilo, Pepa, Felix, Sophia and Julio walking in the other line, "Where all the people are fantastical and magical, I'm part of the family Madrigal."

Kids stood on the side, coming up to Mirabel, asking many questions as if they were fans, "What are their gifts?" The young boy, holding a mug of coffee, being shoved to the side by the dark skinned girl.

"I can't remember all their gifts." The girl with the braid bombarded Mirabel's space, wanting to know more about the family.

"But I don't know who is who." A little girl with two braids tugged Mirabel's hand, also seeking more information on the Madrigal family.

"Alright, alright, relax." Mirabel rolled her eyes, trying to calm the enthusiastic kids.

The dark skinned younger girl explained, "It is physically impossible to relax." She waved her hands around like a mad person.

"How's everything? What are your powers?" The girl with two braids asked, excitement in her voice, as she kept asking many questions for Mirabel to answer.

"Just tell us what everyone can do." Mirabel quickly picked up the cup of coffee that the underaged boy had, "And that's why coffee is for grownups." She continued her song.

"My tia Pepa, her mood affects the weather." Pepa was walking happily, spinning around near the crop fields, "When she's unhappy, well the temperature gets weird." And Mirabel chucked an umbrella away and introduced Bruno, "My tio Bruno," and everyone chanted, 'we don't talk about Bruno' "They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared."

"Oh, and that's my mom, Julieta, here's her deal," the said woman held a plate of round arepas, "Whoa. The truth is she can heal you with a meal. Whoa, her recipes are remedies for real." Once, a man with a broken hand came up front to Julieta, she quickly stuffed the arepa in his mouth, healing his broken arm.

"If you're impressed, imagine how I feel." Her mother pecked her cheek, as Mirabel made a pathway through the villagers, in happiness.

"Welcome to the family Madrigal, the home of the family Madrigal. Hey, coming through! I know it sounds a bit fantastical and magical, I'm part of the family Madrigal!" Mirabel danced.

"Three guys fell in love with the family Madrigal," Agustin, Sophia & Felix swayed in the center, smiling at each other, "And now they're part of the family Madrigal." She pushed them away as she spun, "See, yeah, Tio Felix married Pepa, and my dad married Julieta,"

"That's how Abuela became an Abuela Madrigal!" Julieta's & Agustin's family were on the left, Sophia and her children in the middle, and Pepa's & Felix's family were on the right.

"Wait, who's the sister and who's the cousin?" The girl with the braid asked, interested in an answer.

"There's so many people." The little girl with the braids stated.

"How do you keep them all straight?" The young boy also asked.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay, so many kids in our house, so let's turn the sound up. You know why? I think it's time for a grandkid roundup." The villagers chanted the last parts of Mirabel's sentence.

"Cousin Dolores, can hear a pin drop." Mirabel did a gesture of a pin dropping and her prima standing next to her while putting a hand to her ear to symbolise her gift of supernatural hearing, "Camilo shapeshifts," The teenager was shifting into different people, "Antonio gets his gift today," Abuela dusted his shirt off.

"My primo & prima, Julio & Felicia," The two siblings help the town. Felicia using her gift to levitate many heavy items and carry them around to the supposed area and Julio was playing with the kids and creating ice water slides. The both of them high-fiving, "Felicia can move things with her mind." "Julio can make sculptures of ice."

"My older sisters, Isabela & Luisa," Luisa gave a thumbs up to Mirabel, "One strong, one graceful, perfect in every way." The townspeople was caught by Isabela's beauty, chanting her name softly, "Grows a flower and the town goes wild." Isabela spun making a bunch of flowers grow out of the ground, surrounding her.

Playfully, Felicia hovered some flowers in Julio's hand as he was talking with Gloria, revealing his flowers as he was speaking which Gloria was stunned yet delighted before taking the flowers in gratitude, smelling the floral bouquet.

"And Luisa's super strong, the beauty and the brawn do no wrong." Mirabel was still being surrounded by the bunch of children.

"Get stuff ready!" Abuela called out, allowing Luisa to hear and run to aid her, as Julio & Felicia head back to casita and jokingly shoving each other on the way there.