C6. Yunzhu's Double Take.

Chapter 6

It is truly a matter of shame and disgrace for a woman to undone her marriage.

How could Yunzhu not feel angry?

Pan's tactics are quite cunning. The Cao family, led by her, does not need to mention "repentance of the marriage". As long as they cease communication with her family, given Yunzhu's and her parents' pride, she will voluntarily abandon the idea of marrying into the Cao family.

Cao Shao was merely a son. He couldn't compel Pan to visit the Li family, nor could he prevent his mother from openly declaring at the banquet that he only regarded Yunzhu as a sister. He was fully aware that his mother's actions had completely alienated Yunzhu's family, and he knew that Yunzhu would never want to marry him again, so he did not attempt to seek his mother's approval but went directly to Ningguo Gong's Mansion to confess his wrongdoing.

Yunzhu did not wish to alienate Cao Shao, but she did not accept his confession, as if she would be pitied if she could not marry him, as if she could only settle for second best in her life!

When her temper worsened, Yunzhu couldn't help but antagonize Cao Shao with Pan's name.

This was not just to antagonize Cao Shao, but also to remind him that the fate between them was solely due to his mother's actions.

If Cao Shao is as miserable as he seems, then he has his good mother to blame!

For now, this was considered a small act of retaliation from Yunzhu to Pan. Why should Pan make their entire family angry, while she could just sit back and relax?

From then on, Cao Shao blamed Pan, but it was only Pan who suffered the consequences, and Yunzhu was content to watch the drama unfold.

If Cao Shao chooses to continue to be a dutiful son, then Yunzhu will be even more grateful that she did not marry such a submissive and useless husband.

Yunzhu's few words were like a knife being plunged into Cao Shao's already bleeding wound.

Are you willing to wager your own marriage?

Why gamble? Cao Shao can now tell Yunzhu that if he loses, at best it will be a draw, because he will never find a woman he likes more than Yunzhu again.

When it comes to his mother, Cao Shao truly has no shame in remaining.

He took one final look at Yunzhu, a lingering gaze that slowly traced from the tips of her hair to her shoulders and neck, as if to etch her appearance in his heart.

Yunzhu remained composed and merely glanced at the seat beside him.

Not knowing how much time had passed, she heard Cao Shao say, "I'm leaving. You are truly precious."

Just a few words, each word is like being fished out of water.

As Cao Shao turned around, Yunzhu's gaze followed him.

Among the elite young men of the capital, he possessed the most striking appearance and a perfectly proportioned figure, with broad shoulders and a slender waist like jade.

Yunzhu continued to fixate on Cao Shao's departing figure.

At that moment, the indifference on Yunzhu's face gave way to sorrow.

After so many years of childhood friendship, how could she not have developed feelings for Cao Shao?

The elders, who placed considerable importance on a woman's virtue, disapproved of her bossing Cao Shao around. Little did they know, Yunzhu was content with Cao Shao and saw him as her future husband, hence her familiarity with him. If he were someone she didn't care for, she wouldn't even acknowledge him. He didn't measure up.