C47. A Loved One.

Chapter 47

The wedding of Prince An and Xie Wenying was scheduled for the sixth day of the twelfth lunar month.

The following year, Prince An was to relocate to his vassal state in Shandong, and the wedding was to take place directly in the palace.

The Dukes of Dingguo and Ningguo were both extended invitations to attend a banquet at the palace.

As Prince An's aunt, Yunzhu attended the dinner party alongside the bride, accompanied by Pan Shi, and Prince An's biological mother's grandmother and aunt.

That evening, Xie Wenying was adorned in luxurious attire, her beauty and charm befitting that of a princess.

Yunzhu not only rejoiced in Xie Wenying's union with a deserving man, but also in the fact that Xie Wenying would accompany Prince An to settle in Shandong. Otherwise, had the noble ladies, who had grown up together, frequently met in the capital, they would have been compelled to bow to Xie Wenying every time they crossed paths, continuously feeling inferior, leading to a sense of distress for Yunzhu for a period.

With Pan Shi and another elderly lady present, Yunzhu could peacefully enjoy the banquet without the responsibility of enlivening the atmosphere.

Yunzhu quietly commended Pan's skill at maintaining appearances.

Pan Shi probably felt the most awkward that evening, but attendance was unavoidable.

After all, she was a grandmother in her forties. Pan's smile was friendly and genuine, as if she had never advocated for Xie Wenying to marry her son.

Xie Wenying carried herself with dignity and grace.

The female relatives didn't indulge in drinking, so they swiftly enjoyed the banquet. As the bride still had many arrangements to tend to, Yunzhu and the other guests didn't linger.

As they departed, Yunzhu glanced back at Xie Wenying and saw that Xie Wenying was likewise looking in her direction.

Girls are extremely perceptive, particularly when they share an attraction to the same man, making it easy to discern each other's thoughts.

When it came to marrying Cao Xun, Yunzhu was the one who fulfilled her wishes.

Yunzhu never revealed any emotions to Xie Wenying, and Xie Wenying never displayed jealousy or anguish, quickly letting go.

However, for some reason, on this momentous evening, the two of them gazed at each other.

Yunzhu was considered the one who had come before. She smiled gently at Xie Wenying and wished her happiness with Prince An as his bride.

Xie Wenying sensed her sincerity and returned the smile.

Yes, she was determined to be a commendable princess.

*

The banquet at Prince An's side was still ongoing, so Yunzhu and Pan shi returned to Empress Cao's side to wait.

Empress Cao was aware of her mother's discontent, but she couldn't console her at the moment. She was opposed to Prince An marrying into the Xie family, but the emperor's happiness left her with no recourse.

"Madam, the banquet at the prince's side has ended," a eunuch announced respectfully.

The female relatives in attendance stood, bowed to Empress Cao, and bid their farewells before leaving in pairs.

Yunzhu and Pan shi were part of the first group to depart. As they made their way out of the imperial city, they spotted Cao Xun and Cao Shao waiting, with carriages from the Dingguo Palace behind them.