Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

Chapter 2 - The Abduction

The foyer of Liam's opulent mansion is quite a sight to behold, its grandeur and elegance so overwhelming that for a moment I forget myself.

Forget the truth bomb he just revealed in the car.

If you leave now, you'll never get answers about your mom. Had he wanted to hurt you, he would've done so already.

Liam leads me toward a room in the back of the house in complete silence. The walls, draped in luxurious emerald green velvet, exude an air of sophistication.

I look around, barely registering the lavish furniture and the dark aesthetic of my surroundings. Instead, I stare at the round bed, a sex swing, floor-to-ceiling mirrors across from the bed and a wide leather chair.

Back in the car, Liam said you're a wanted commodity today, and I simply had to have you before others got their hands on you.

Commodity. That's all I am to him. A part of some bigger plan.

"So what do you think of my villa...Alexandra?" He flashes his white teeth at me as he enters the room.

I force a smile.

Does this infuriating man expect me to just sit and pleasantly chat about his mansion, his sex swing swaying inches away from me?

As Liam gets closer, the knot in my belly tightens. He is impossibly tall. The top two buttons of his white shirt are now left open, a hint of trimmed chest hair peeking out.

"I take it, my abode has left quite an...impression. You are speechless."

He's not wrong. I just stand there, still processing the events of the day.

Liam lets out a soft moan, clutching his shoulder, and then kneels next to the regal nightstand, rummaging through the drawers.

He produces a tiny plastic bottle whose label I can't see very well, and a pack of Curad non-stick pads.

I decide the questions can wait until he dresses his wound.

As Liam stands before the mirror, taking off his bloody shirt, my eyes are at first drawn to the reflection of his nude chiseled abs, but then they wander to his back in shock.

It's a tapestry of ugly scars, knife cuts and cigarette burns. Each tells a tale of battles fought, wounds endured, and a life lived on the edge.

Catching a glimpse of the words hydrogen peroxide on the label, my nurse instinct kicks in, and I quickly interject: "No, don't use that! It can slow down the healing process."

"Oh?" He lifts a quirky brow. "How about you show me how it's done, lass?"

My gaze locks with his, and my insides do an awkward somersault. High cheekbones, thick, black eyebrows, and lush lips that look like they would be great at kissing.

I hold back a groan.

Late nights at the ER and lack of time for dating must be getting to me.

My backpack slides off my shoulder and falls to the floor with a thump.

After I fish the water bottle out of it and wet the gauze, I take a step towards him, ready to assault his wound.

Liam sighs in exasperation, lifting his arm so suddenly that I flinch.

"Aw, don't be scared. I won't bite, kitty. Unless you want me to." He grins.

Argh. So infuriating.

My fingers press the gauze ever so lightly as I dab at the reddened flesh, removing traces of blood and debris. A wave of relief washes over me as I realize the bullet only grazed him.