Chapter 1

I walked out of my empty house in the forest. "I'm heading out!" I said to no one. Both of my parents died to a demon and my parents were former demon slayers. I never knew that until they both tried to protect me from the demon that killed them.

They told me about the Final Selection on the brink of their death. They also told me about a bunch of books about Earth Breathing in their room and how to train in Earth Breathing as well. I was never allowed to go in there, I never knew about those books. They probably assumed I would want to avenge them and they were right. I hate every demon there is, and I'll slaughter them all!!!

I made it up the mountain where the Final Selection was being held. There were a lot of people there. "Good evening. Thank you all for being here. Tonight, you've come to enter the demon slayer course, final selection. " Two girls said at the same time. One had black hair, and one had white hair. I think they were twins.

"Here on Mt. Fujikasame, there are several demons that have been captured alive by demon slayers and are kept here for this event." The white haired girl said. "The Wisteria Blossoms keep the demons from leaving. That is because demons hate Wisteria Blossoms.

They bloom on this mountain year round, and they cover everything on this mountain. But this is where the Wisteria ends, so there are demons lurking from this point on, and they're very hungry." The girl with white hair said.

"In order to pass final selection, you will need to survive seven days." The girl with black hair said. "Now, you may be on your way." The girls said in union.

—--------

I entered the forest behind the girls and decided to head East because that's where the sun comes up first. Once the sun comes up the demons won't be able to do anything to me. All I have to do is camp out there for seven days, and kill any demon that tries to attack me.

'Gasp' I slid to a stop suddenly. I sense a demon nearby. "Heh heh heh. My first prey, and it's a girl. This should be easy!" A demon said to me. "Is that right? Then come and get me!" I said. The demon sprinted at me.

I dodged and used my Earth breathing technique. "I can tell you're a weak demon. So I guess I don't have to go all out." I said. I took a step forward and sliced the demon's neck off in a flash.

I kept running East then I heard screams from somewhere. I ran towards the sound and found a kid screaming from a demon. I decided to help him out. I jumped in front of him to protect him. "W-Who are you?" The boy asked. "Don't worry. I'm here to help." I said.

"Total concentration. Earth breathing! 8th form, Black Dirt!" I said, slashing the demon's neck off. I looked back and the boy was gone. I growled in frustration. Really, I just saved your life, and you want to run away without even thanking me.

That's it. I'm not saving no one else on this Mountain.

I made it to the East side of the mountain and much to my surprise, I found a boy with a watery haori on. "Uh, hey." I said awkwardly. "Hello." He said. We sat there, staring at each other. "Uhh, who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Masuki Toska. What about you?" I asked. "I'm Tanjiro Kamado." Tanjiro said. "Oh well Tanjiro, I was kinda here first so..." I said, trailing off. "Oh! You were!? I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Tanjiro said frantically.

Wow. This guy is so gullible.

He then ran to a nearby tree. "How's this?" He asked. I was dumbfounded by his kindness. And kinda freaked out too. "U-Uh, yeah that's fine." I said. Suddenly I sensed another demon. It came running towards me.

I lunged and quickly swung my sword across his neck and killed it. Tanjiro came from behind the tree and ran up to me. "Wow! You're super strong." Tanjiro said. "Of course I'm strong! No one's stronger than me!!!" I said proudly. Tanjiro looked surprised, probably not expecting that answer.