Chapter 7

Tanjiro and I were walking down a road when his crow came in squawking all loud. "South! Southeast! South! Southeast! The next place you need to go is South! Southeast!" "We heard you dang it! Now shut up already!" I screamed.

The crow came and got in my face to purposely annoy me. Then all of us got scared from hearing an unexpected scream. "PLEASE!" We all looked over to a yellow haired boy groveling at a girl's feet.

"PLEASE MARRY ME! I COULD DIE ANY DAY NOW. MARRY ME SO I DON'T DIE ALONE!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!"

"W-What is he doing? " Tanjiro asked, shocked. "Why is he so annoyingly loud?" I growled. Then a sparrow came chirping over and landed in my hand. "Chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp, chirp!!!" I understood him.

"Sounds like a personal problem to me." I said. "Chirp!! Chirp chirp chirp!" "I don't want to get involved with him." "CHIRP!!!" "I'll help." Tanjiro said. The bird beamed with gratitude. He understood him? Tanjiro walked over to the yellow boy and yanked him away from the girl and held him by the back of his collar.

"Why are you making such a scene in the middle of the road? She's clearly not interested, and you're stressing out your sparrow." Tanjiro said. "Wait, aren't you a demon slayer too? I saw you at final selection." the yellow boy said.

"Don't go pretending we know each other cause we don't!" Tanjiro yelled. "WHAAAAT!!!!??? But we have met before!! Don't yell at me when you're the one with the bad memory!!!!" the boy yelled back.

I then remembered that I did meet him at final selection. He was the one who was mumbling to himself. Tanjiro dropped the boy and walked over to the girl. "Alright, you can go home safely now. Is there anything else you need?" Tanjiro asked. "No thank you very much." the girl said bowing.

"HANG ON!!! STOP INTERFERING!!! THAT GIRL IS MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME AND WAS ABOUT TO MARRY ME!!!!" the boy screamed. The girl came over and started slapping him in the head. Tanjiro had to come and pull her off him.

"I never said anything like the word love! The only thing I did was come over to check on you while you were curled up on the side of the road!" the girl yelled. "WHAT!!!! SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT WASN'T BECAUSE YOU WERE FALLING IN LOVE WITH ME!!!!???" the boy yelled.

"Considering I have a fiance, that's exactly what I'm saying! You seem to be in good shape so goodbye now!!" the girl turned and walked away. "Wait. Stop." "Give it up already." Tanjiro said. "Why did you get in my way? This had nothing to do with you." the boy cried. Tanjiro gave him a disguised look.

"Why are you making that face!? Stop it! You're staring at me like I'm some pitiful being!!!" I walked over to the boy who was still on the ground. "That's because you are." "Hey! I remember you. You were at final selection too." the boy said.

He then gasped and jumped on me! "Marry me! Please! You're my last hope! Since you're a demon slayer you'll be able to protect me! Please, I'm begging you!"

"Ah! What the- Get off me!!" I kicked him off me. "Huh? BUT WHY!!!" "I don't want to marry you!!!" I yelled. "You won't ever get a boyfriend with that attitude let alone a husband!!!" "AT LEAST I WON'T HAVE TO GROVEL AT PEOPLE'S FEET TO TRY TO GET ONE!!!!" I yelled, punching his head.

"OWWWWWW!!!"

—-----

We were walking down the road with the yellow haired boy now that he had calmed down. "Are you okay now?" Tanjiro asked. "Yeah, I think so." the boy said

"So anyway, you should try not to stress your sparrow out." Tanjiro said. "Huh?" the boy said. "Yeah, seriously. Your sparrow has it rough with you. It said you were an annoying prick and always hitting on girls, and complaining about missions. It said it wished it never met you." I said with a smirk.