Chapter 2

We were walking to Tanjiro's place but Tanjiro was exhausted so I had to help him walk. It was now nighttime and we were on a hill with Tanjiro's place being right below it. "We made it." Tanjiro said, his voice sounding hoarse. "Nezuko, Urokodaki. I made it." Tanjiro said to himself.

"Wait, who's Nezuko and Urokodaki?" I asked. "Urokodaki looks after me, and Nezuko is..." Tanjiro trailed off as a girl kicked down the door and walked out the house. The girl had black long hair, a pink kimono, and a bamboo mussel in her mouth.

Tanjiro's eyes widened. "Nezuko!? It's you! You're awake!" he said. He struggled to run to the girl, and the girl was running to him. When he made it he hugged her tight and started balling his eyes out.

This girl isn't human. But then.. Why is Tanjiro...Who is she? "Why'd you do that! Why'd you go to sleep for so long!? I thought you were never gonna wake up! I was afraid you were gonna die." Tanjiro said, crying. Then a man with a mask and the same watery hoari as Tanjiro came out carrying wood. I'm guessing this is Urokodaki.

The man dropped the wood and came running to Tanjiro and Nezuko and hugged them both. "You're here. I'm so glad you made it back alive." Urokodaki said. "Uh, this is really awkward. Should I leave?" I said.

"Are you a friend of Tanjiro's?" He asked. I paused. 'Friend?' I don't have any friends.' "I'm glad you made it out of Final Selection alive. You are welcome to stay if you'd like. Stay as long as you want." Urokodaki said to me.

My eyes widened. I felt my face heat up, and I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. I haven't been cared for in a really long time, it's just been me. "Mr. Urokodaki...Do you mind.. if I live here too? It's just.. I don't have any family back at home. I live on my own." I said.

"...Of course. We have plenty of room." Urokodaki said. "Whoa really!? I was just taking a gamble. I didn't really expect you to say yes. Thank you, thank you." I said, bowing. Then Nezuko walked up to me and did the weirdest thing. She patted me on my head. It was weird, but it also made me feel really good inside.

I swatted her hand away. "Okay, okay, can we go inside now." I said, playfully.

—--

Tanjiro was talking to Mr. Urokodaki and I was setting up my futon in Tanjiro's room while Nezuko was asleep. I looked at Nezuko. I know she's a demon but still...She doesn't look like your typical demon. She actually looks adorable. I really want to know who she is to Tanjiro.

I walked over to the dresser to turn the light off, but I bumped into it and a notebook fell off. I picked it up and it read "Tanjiro's Jurnal". I decided to take a sneak peak at it and I found out that Tanjiro had been writing in it about life for 2 years!

I also found out that Nezuko was his little sister, his family got slaughtered by demons, and that Nezuko was asleep for 2 years straight. Now I can see why he was crying so hard. Just then, Tanjiro walked in on me.

"Oh, I see you found my journal." Tanjiro said, sounding kinda sad. "Oh, yeah. Sorry, I kinda went through it. I had no idea your past was so horrific and brutal." I said. "It's fine. I'm just trying to find a cure for Nezuko, and turn her back into a human." Tanjiro said.

"Turn her back into a human huh? That's unheard of. You know that right?" I said. "I know, but I'm gonna make it possible. Somehow. She's already an extraordinary demon. I just know I can find a cure." Tanjior said.

"Okay. Do you have a plan? I mean do you know where to start?" I asked. "Uh...well..." Tanjiro trailed off. "You have no idea do you?" I said. "Well, lately I've just been asking demons, but I haven't been getting any answers." Tanjiro said.

"Of course you're not gonna get an answer out of demons, they don't care, and most likely don't know either." I said. "Okay, so what should I do?" Tanjior asked. "U-Uh..Well...How about we sleep on it, and we can figure it out later." I said, totally embarrassed I didn't have a better idea.

"Alright. Good night Masuki." Tanjiro said. "G-Good..night"

—--

The next day we woke up and had the most delicious breakfast. "Mr. Urokodaki, your food is amazing! I haven't had food like this since..ever!" I said. "Well, I'm glad you like it so much." Mr. Urokodaki said. 

"Oh, by the way Masuki. I meant to tell you. You have the most peculiar eyes. I've never seen any quite like yours. Were you born with them?" Urokodaki asked. "Why yes I was. And I'm proud of them. No one can tell me otherwise." I said boastfully. 

Urokodaki chuckled. "As you should. Make sure to take great care of them." "Oh yes, I will. Now if you'll excuse us, me and Tanjiro have some business to attend to." I said, grabbing Tanjiros arm. "Alright. You two go right along." Urokodaki said.

We went back to Tanjiro's room to discuss what we should do to help him find a cure for Nezuko. "Sorry Tanjiro, I came up with nothing. What you're doing right now is the best you can do right now." I said. "Yeah, but you're right. None of the demons care about my situation. They all just tried to attack me." Tanjiro said.

"Well maybe we'll find a way later on, as we keep going on missions." I said. "Yeah."

—--

10 days later two men came to our house. Tanjiro and I stood outside the house. "Hi there." Tanjiro greeted. "My name is Haganezuka. I'm the one who forged Tanjiro Kamado's sword, and I am here to deliver it." Haganezuka said. "Oh." Tanjiro bowed. "Sorry, I'm Tanjiro Kamado." Tanjiro said.

"And my name is Kaioshi. I am the one who forged Masuki Toska's sword." Kaishi said. "That'll be me. I'm Masuki Toska." I said. "Come in." Tanjiro said. "This is a nichirin sword. I forged it myself." Haganezuka said.

"Um..do you want to come in? Have some-" Tanjiro was cut off by Haganezuka. "The materials for this kind of sword only come from the mountain closest to the sun." Hanganezuka kept going on and on about some stuff that didn't really interest me.

Eventually we all went inside, and got our swords. When I unsheathed my sword it changed color. It turned light green. "Whoa!" I said. "Light green huh? The Wind Hashira has a dark green sword, which symbolizes wind.

But you have a light green sword, which symbolizes earth. You must be an earth breather huh?" Kaioshi asked. "Yup, you got it." I responded. "Thank you for forging my sword, Mr. Kaioshi." I said. Kaioshi jumped. "No one has ever said thank you before. So your welcome." Kaioshi said.

"Come on, unsheath it already." Haganezuka said, impatiently. Tanjiro unsheathed his sword and it turned black! "BLACK!!" Haganezuka shouted. "That's interesting." Unrokodaki said. "Why!? Is my sword turning black a bad thing? Is it unlucky!?" Tanjiro said, sounding worried.

"No, it's just unusual that's all. You don't see it a lot. It's pitch black." Urokodaki said. Haganezuka started growling, then he snapped. "I WAS REALLY HOPING I'D GET TO SEE A SWORD TURN BRIGHT RED!!! DANG IT!!!" Haganezuka jumped onto Tanjiro and started strangling him.

"Ouch! Hey let go! Stop, please! OW! How old are you anyway!?" Tanjiro asked, struggling to get free. "I'm 37!" Haganezuka said, still strangling him. Then Tanjiro's crow came squawking in. "Tanjiro Kamado, Mauski Toska, you have orders." the bird said.

"What? It can talk?" Tanjiro said, finally getting free and holding Haganezuka back from him. "What the heck." I said. "You and Masuki must go to a town northeast of here. And hurry, young girls are going missing. Night after night, at least one is going missing.

You must hunt down the demon responsible for this and destroy it. Prepare yourselves well. This will be your first mission as a demon slayer." The crow finished. "Alright it's time." Tanjiro said. "It's about time." I said.